The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Motorhead annual November UK tour time

Fri 22nd November - O2 Academy Glasgow.

Support: Saxon & Skew Siskin

Im about 40 percent sure iv seen this exact show before. Ill still end up going.

Anyone go see Falloch in Dundee at the weekend?

Sunshine, fermented hops based products in my garden and a lack of Cnoc an Tursa precluded my attendance.

I was there. A decent evening of music for £5 and 5 bands. Most of the support bands were OK at best. The one I enjoyed most were Maelstrom whose progessive black metal style was most enjoyable.

Pretty sure the Falloch set was the same as the one they played in Glasgow. There do seem to be a couple of new songs in the set list but no idea what these songs are called.

Falloch again for me on Saturday with Cnoc An Tursa at The Moornings.

Paul Bostaph has now officialy replaced Dave Lombardo in Slayer (again). Big loss I think, Dave is a great drummer and fit Slayer perfectly, Cant help but wonder if they are on their last legs as a band.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/slayer-paul-bostaph-has-officially-replaced-dave-lombardo/

Edited by Zizou-5

Motorhead annual November UK tour time

Fri 22nd November - O2 Academy Glasgow.

Support: Saxon & Skew Siskin

Oh yeah, thats one i'll be attending.

Hope Saxon get a decent set.

Forgot just how amazing an album Maidens somewhere in time is, had it on yesterday for the 1st time in a few years and some of the solos are out of this world. Only problem is when driving and listening to it the urge to put the foot down is almost unstoppable.

Ok few things about the gig last night:

1- The support band were unsurprisingly shite

2- The heat in the venue was fucking torture

3- The sound as usual sucked (Drums way to loud, guitars and vocals hard to hear at points)

4- Despite all that Megadeth were still fucking brilliant :D

5- Oh and the title track from their new album "Supercollider" still really sucks, hearing it live didnt save it at all.

3- The sound as usual sucked (Drums way to loud, guitars and vocals hard to hear at points)

5- Oh and the title track from their new album "Supercollider" still really sucks, hearing it live didnt save it at all.

Cannae really argue with anything you've said, but, I'm still undecided about Super Collider. Vocals were virtually undetectable but Megadeth were simply awesome despite the mix.

Was in town and popped along to the megadeth gig. It was a great show! I always forget how little Mustaine speaks during the gig.

The sound was dodgy, especially the vocals, maybe dave has it turned down on purpose! But him and broderick are guitar gods.

My only complaint was that they played a few dodgy tunes. Last time I saw them was the rust in peace 20th tour so not much can live with that, but starting with trust??

1. Yes, yes they were. Usual for Megadeth to take a diabolical support though. JFAC anyone? Although, back in 2008 they had Diamondhead which was f*cking class.

2. Dripping sweat. The place was absolutely f*cking packed!

3. Yeah the mix wasn't great, vox were very low but it still sounded o.k

I was surprised with the inclusion of Cold Sweat by Thin Lizzy just before Holy Wars! Still a solid set though, heavy with tracks from Countdown to Extinction and RIP.