The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Slipknot are one of the best live bands around, they aren't to be missed. Their Download 2009 show is probably only second to Rammstein in the greatest gigs I've seen. It's pricey, but worth it for them. Also a nice bonus if Korn do play their debut in full, as they're doing in North America.

Get your pre-sales lined up by the way, I'll be surprised if this doesn't sell out really quickly.

I'd imagine (and hope) that the pre sale is only a certain allocation of tickets and not the full one. Friday morning is my aim to grab one.

Listening to .5 The Gray Chapter... The songs released so far appear to be the filler songs. Sarcastrophe and AOV are pretty good! AOV is fucking fast :thumsup2

Enjoying AOV, Sarcastrophe was pretty good as well. Not sure about XIX but the first song on every Slipknot album is usually a weird, short song (although I had 742617000027 as my ringtone for the longest time). Look forward to each day till the 20th since it seems they're release each song day by day

Live Nation pre-sale had no standing tickets at all, pretty useless. Have to be ready to pounce at 9am tomorrow!

Edit: Went back to it 15 minutes after posting this and they'd magically appeared! PLEASING

Edited by Dunning1874

Tried to get a standing ticket for Slipknot on the Live Nation presale just a few minutes ago. Only seating available. Not sure if I can be online tomorrow due to starting work at 9am. Bollocks.

Edited by IainMorton

So done a coupla gigs this week.

Opeth were amazing, probably the best i have seen them, setlist was great. Support band Alcest were well.....zzzzzzzzzzz.

In Solitude last night was really good too, never heard off the support band Beastmilk before but they were very good (i enjoyed them that much i went to the merch stand and bought their album). In Solitude were excellent, as with Beastmilk, they were very energetic and got really into it, there stuff sounds great live (especially the songs Lavender and Sister). Speaking of Lavender, the actually had Lavender plants beside a burning candles (i think they were candles) so the whole room smelled off the stuff. I didnt realise who small the venue (Audio) was, its basically, just a room that would hold 100-200 people max.

In Flames play tonight, but i'm not overly interested, checking the setlist its sad they seem to have neglected their early albums (when they were actually a melodic death metal band) and lean really heavily to the newer stuff which quite frankly sucks.

Amon Amarth have announced they're gunna play the classic grand in January too, so thats good news (Savage Messiah supporting is a bonus too).

Edited by DavieCFC