The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I have seen Maiden three times there. Brave New World tour supported by Halford, and the matter of life and death album one where I met Dominik Diamond and their last album too. All had decent sound.

I saw Priest and Scorpions there too.

one of the Maiden gigs i went to at secc the pa blew , wasnt it at start of Paschendale

Sabaton just keep getting better and better everytime i see them, today was no different. Joakim is a bloody brillaint frontman (his guitar skills took me by surprise too :P ). Tyr were really good, happy to finally see them after missing out last year.

But big mention to the band inbetween Korpiklaani, who were easily one of the WORST bands i have seen for a very long time. Honestly these guys were fucking horse shit.

Sabaton just keep getting better and better everytime i see them, today was no different. Joakim is a bloody brillaint frontman (his guitar skills took me by surprise too :P ). Tyr were really good, happy to finally see them after missing out last year.

But big mention to the band inbetween Korpiklaani, who were easily one of the WORST bands i have seen for a very long time. Honestly these guys were fucking horse shit.

I'd seen Korpiklaani twice before and they've been excellent but yeah, they were really disappointing last night. TYR and Sabaton more than made up for them, though Sabaton sets need more Talvisota.

Hellfest has sold out, first time it's ever happened before Christmas. Hoping Sonisphere shift and announce a line-up soon so I can decide if I want to do that or Bloodstock, which has an excellent undercard so far but unappealing headliners.

Brilliant. Encoring with Blinded by Fear and Kingdom Gone made this old chap quite happy.

Also, a word for Triptykon, they were amazing. Morbus Chron, hmmm, not so much.

Thought Triptykon were outrageously good. Hopefully they come back again soon. Throwing in some Celtic Frost was a welcome surprise indeed.

a bit random but I've recently been listening to some slayer tunes on youtube. What albums of theirs are worth checking out?

Reign in Blood, Seasons in the Abyss and South of Heaven in that order.

God Hates Us All gets a bad rep, but I love it personally, so I'd give that a shot after those first three.