High honour unto thine and thee,
For never shalt thou wave,
But from the flag-staff of the free,
The banner of the brave !
And by thy glories in the past,
When Scotland bears thee forth,
Stand thou for freedom, first and last.
Red Lion of the North

It's growing on me slightly but it's nowhere near as good as "The Negative One" which is cracking. Fell out of love with them a bit as I really couldn't hack "All Hope Is Gone". Did anyone particularly like that album though?

I did, think that both Snuff and Gehenna are fantastic songs

Thought this might be the best thread to ask - does anyone use Guitar Pro for learning songs on tab? Thinking of buying it after looking at some play alongs on Ultimate Guitar

It's a great piece of software with massive potential. I use it a lot to learn covers, and have used it as well to tab my own material. If you're only using it for covers though and not writing may i suggest just using Songsterr.com, its basically a play along but it's free.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy f**k - Periphery and Shining playing as well? Must bag a brief for this one.

Sounds like it could be his last gig for a while. These shows are warm up ones for a big Ziltoid show at the Royal Albert Hall...

Given all the stuff he has done over the last few years I think he deserves some time off. Just a shame he isn't returning to Aberdeen again this time.

Damnation Festival have announced their full line up now. Delighted to see Falloch were one of the last bands to be added to it. Considering going to Bloodstock next summer.

FINAL_sm.jpg

On the Slipknot chat I must admit to being very excited about hearing the new album. Slipknot were the 'gateway' band for me when it came to getting into heavier music and through them I ended up finding death/black metal. Out of the two available songs I'm finding The Devil In I to be my favourite so far, the video is class as well. It really annoys me the amount of shite they get from the more elitist fans of metal but there's no denying they are amazing live and their music is enjoyable as well. Been on a bit of a Slipknot binge as of late and it totally took me back to my youth blasting Iowa which, to me anyway, is Slipknots best album. The 'you don't want to mess with us, we're incredibly violent and full of psychos' chat that used to ooze out of them (well mainly Shawn) during interviews used to really make me cringe though.

I'm the same as you when it comes to Shawn (Clown) - Even now, after 15 years of Slipknot I always find he's trying too hard to be 'out there' and ultimately seems a bit of a fud!

Love Slipknot though, but find the debut album and Iowa kinda difficult to listen to now.

Yeah it just reeked like they were trying to hard to appear like a bunch of nutters.

Also, and I might be getting whooshed by this article, this surely can't be true: http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/10/01/joey-jordison-claims-fired-slipknot-via-singing-telegram/

Anyone checked out the new Bloodbath song with Nick Holmes on vocals? (http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/09/24/bloodbath-unite-pain/) I think it's killer but seems a lot of people aren't digging the vocals. I think they fit the song well. Musically it's amazing, proper Swedish death sounding goodness.

New Orange Goblin album is out 'Back From The Abyss'

So far not as good as their last effort Eulogy For The Damned but still really, really good.

Anyone heard the new album form The Haunted? Marco Aro is back (I prefer Peter Dolving tbh) and seem to be back to where they left off at One Kill Wonder.

Thought this might be the best thread to ask - does anyone use Guitar Pro for learning songs on tab? Thinking of buying it after looking at some play alongs on Ultimate Guitar

Save your money, Tux Guitar free download does everything that Guitar Pro can. You can open every version of guitar pro files easily using it. Search guitar pro files online don't use ultimate guitar for them as they cost you money...

Edited by bob the tank