The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Contemplating either the Glasgow and Aberdeen shows in consecutive days, or Newcastle and Glasgow as there is a day in between. Decisions, decisions...

Newcastle for me hopefully wrangle some back stage passes as on final frontier tour! Looking forward to it. Where is pre sale and when/how?

12 hours ago, marty_j said:

Newcastle for me hopefully wrangle some back stage passes as on final frontier tour! Looking forward to it. Where is pre sale and when/how?

There is a fan club presale beginning Monday. I joined up (£27.50) just so I could get access as I don't fancy my chances in the general sale. Also will be o2 priority but not sure when that is.

There is a fan club presale beginning Monday. I joined up (£27.50) just so I could get access as I don't fancy my chances in the general sale. Also will be o2 priority but not sure when that is.

Aye f**k that signed up for o2 and live nation priority take my chances on weds

12 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

FFs i've just decided on AECC coz my pal stays up there now. As long as sound is ok i'll manage

The sound is pretty standard for a typical "big shed" venue.  The issues I have with it are the shite facilities in the venue, poor transportation links and there really isn't much to do in and around the arena.  There aren't many bars around.  If you're driving my advice is to avoid the car park at all costs.  Good chance you'll be stuck for ages trying to get out and back onto the main road.  I remember being stuck for over 30 minutes after Biffy.  There are plenty of options to park in the nearby industrial estates. 

They've started work on a replacement which will be based just beside the airport - http://www.aeccevolves.co.uk/new-aecc-design.html

There are plans for a new railway line to serve it and the actual airport too - https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1036739/new-vision-of-airport-to-city-centre-link-revealed/

Have to wait and see if those plans come to anything though.

Waiting on O2 priority tickets for Maiden coming on sale this morning. Hoping for Newcastle gig

Edit to add - got them - absolute total rip off though - having never done big arena show for over 5 years I am gobsmacked - not so much at ticket price £57.50 seems okay - but h'way £6.95 PER ticket service charge and charging £3.45 for a fucking paperless ticket. Surely bands like Maiden could run their own ticketing and cut out middle man or am I being idealistic?

Edited by marty_j

Re Iron Maiden ticketing and pre-sales, is there a workaround that would enable me to use a friend's SSE details to unlock the Hydro pre-sale tomorrow for me to purchase under my own name?  In a simpler time, he could just have bought them for me, but he won't be going to the gig so we're scuppered by this whole named-person ticket process.

Also, the same question for O2 Priority.  I'm sure I could find someone I know who hasn't jumped ship to another network yet.

Otherwise I'm waiting until they go on general sale on Friday.

3 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

If Maiden were to have their own ticketing then you'd actually pay more for them to justify organising it.

As I said its probably idealistic thinking on my part but a couple of points;

Firstly you would only have to pay more to enable Maiden or whoever to make same amount of profit - they could take a hit of say £7 per ticket (admin fee) and it wouldn't even dent their finances, I understand logistically it may be impossible to set up worldwide.

Secondly if bands did do this AND charged more - gigs would still sell out, punters happier paying money to band and rip off merchants like Ticketmaster may lower ridiculous unsolicited admin costs that they don't even breakdown on their site. I am fortunate I can afford these tickets but adding £18 to face value of a pair of tickets is unbelievable.

I don't attend many (if any) shows like this so it doesn't really affect me but I was very surprised.