The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

5 hours ago, Consolidate said:

Have a very positive first impression from the new Mastodon record. Hopefully see them over here later this year.

I think it's stunningly good! Really really like it.

Listening to it now

I can see why it might become the Mastadon Album for people who don't like Mastadon.

Their standard recipe of two parts golden era thrash with one part late Rush and one part early Rush seems to have been leavened with something a bit catchier

At times, "Show yourself" sounds like Biffy Clyro covering Guns 'n' roses

It's still got plenty of Mastadonishness about it though

I don't think they're jumping the shark here but I'm still only on Roots Remain so I'll reserve judgment

Have a very positive first impression from the new Mastodon record. Hopefully see them over here later this year.

I'm a big fan of Mastodon's music, but found them to be really boring live when I seen them at The Academy two or three years ago. Much preferred seeing them doing a short set opening for Metallica at Wembley Stadium in 2007.

Lars "retiring" apparently.
Surely bollocks.
That or an extreme way to get away with not doing Spit Out The Bone live...

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/16/metallica-founding-member-lars-ulrich-retires-saying-music-just-isnt-fun-anymore-6577855/?ito=twitter

Load of bollocks IMO. That link doesn't work and nor does it work going through google. Appears the page with that story has been pulled.

54 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Load of bollocks IMO. That link doesn't work and nor does it work going through google. Appears the page with that story has been pulled.

Aye, not sure how the article got cleared to be published in the first place.

As much as folk rip the pish out of Lars, it's him and Papa Het that make the sound of the band.

Retiring would just be an excuse not to play Spit Out The Bone live...:lol:

Aye, not sure how the article got cleared to be published in the first place.
As much as folk rip the pish out of Lars, it's him and Papa Het that make the sound of the band.
Retiring would just be an excuse not to play Spit Out The Bone live...:lol:

Folk just like to rip on Lars because of the Napster thing about 14 years ago and because, like Bono in U2, he's the most outspoken member of the group and for music hipsters, it's cool to dislike him.

Don't think there's any worries for them to be playing Spit Out The Bone live. They're still playing plenty stuff off M.O.P and A.J.F.A live which was Lars best drumming work to date IMO.

On 17/04/2017 at 20:00, NorthernLights said:

Worst piece of journalism ever award goes to the sun.

Seriously a wee bit of research wouldn't have hurt them.