May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is SO much bullshit. I've experienced the NHS through 5 differnt bowel surgery operations. I have also experienced one in the local BUPA Hospital (The Lees) and in an Australian Hospital (Gairdner Memorial, PErth) all related to the same issue.

THe Aussie and CAmbridge public hospitals were excellent. The food in both could have been better, but the care and professionalism was excellent.

Contrast that with the Lees, where the nurse in the so called "high dependency unit", willing as she was, didn;t have a fucking clue about acute post op care.

WE can all do anecdotes Stuart. Mine just happen to be accurate. :)

In your opinion. :rolleyes:

Mines is a statement of fact and record - record because it's been recorded in an official complaint to the local Heath Trust. Oh and if we are talking comparisons, my experience of Ross Hospital was that I was under the care an attention of the most respected Orthopedic Surgeon in Scotland - not some dafty doctor who has to phone a friend to find out what cellulitis is. :rolleyes:

To move the topic on from Dickson's fantasy land, another aspect of this government which has contrasted with Labour is the stability. Its often understated, but considering it is a minority government, it really has been very stable! Overall, its never really looked threatened, despite Labour originally pledging to operate like a government in waiting, and we've had far less of the scandals, resignations, and reshuffles than blighted the Lib Lab years.

I can recall the Sturgeon "scandal", which was not related to her job, and one reshuffle which left the cabinet unchanged. I think thats right? Contrast that to the Labour style of job hotseating, where people barely got a chance to sit down before they were moved on or dropped a bollock. Its a very commendable aspect of the government IMO, and one which doesn't get talked about enough.

Hmm, someone has forgotten the Fiona Hyslop debacle, or Nicola Sturgeons scandal where she tried to intervene in the process of law to keep a repeat offender fraudster out of jail, or the scandal of handing out money to an unconstitutional SIF organisation to fund a festival that never happened, or the SNP fundraiser, funded at taxpayers expense. I could go on and on and on - but I don't want to wake you from your fantasy. :rolleyes:

Obviously there's A&E, but given that Dickson seems to have been in NHS hospitals in excess of 20 times, he must either be very accident prone or is probably unfit to work and should collect incapacity benefit or something... ;)

He's a pipefitters stunt double.

Hmm, someone has forgotten the Fiona Hyslop debacle, or Nicola Sturgeons scandal where she tried to intervene in the process of law to keep a repeat offender fraudster out of jail, or the scandal of handing out money to an unconstitutional SIF organisation to fund a festival that never happened, or the SNP fundraiser, funded at taxpayers expense. I could go on and on and on - but I don't want to wake you from your fantasy. :rolleyes:

Remind me of the number of resignations resulting from the Nicola Sturgeon "scandal"? In fact, not only have I not forgotten it, but I even mentioned it in the very post you quoted! I'll give you the Fiona Hyslop "debacle", although tbh I can't recall what thats for. So we have ONE demotion and ONE reshuffle.

Remind me, how many of these scandals were actually real scandals? Was the SNP fundraiser "scandal" not cleared? Sturgeon's "scandal" was nothing to do with her job. The SIF "scandal" seems to have only been noticed by you, and consists of "funding given out", "funding not spent properly", "funding claimed back". I could go on and on and on, the Royal Footpaths "scandal", the winter chaos "scandal", the national train logo "scandal". Please provide more examples, preferably with web links. :D

Nothing changes that this has been the most stable government we've had in years.

Hyslop was chucked out the Education post for handling the class-sizes issue badly and because she threatened to take education out of local authority control in a wee temper tantrum in discussions about strategy.

Remind me of the number of resignations resulting from the Nicola Sturgeon "scandal"? In fact, not only have I not forgotten it, but I even mentioned it in the very post you quoted! I'll give you the Fiona Hyslop "debacle", although tbh I can't recall what thats for. So we have ONE demotion and ONE reshuffle.

Remind me, how many of these scandals were actually real scandals? Was the SNP fundraiser "scandal" not cleared? Sturgeon's "scandal" was nothing to do with her job. The SIF "scandal" seems to have only been noticed by you, and consists of "funding given out", "funding not spent properly", "funding claimed back". I could go on and on and on, the Royal Footpaths "scandal", the winter chaos "scandal", the national train logo "scandal". Please provide more examples, preferably with web links. :D

Nothing changes that this has been the most stable government we've had in years.

Just because there was no resignations doesn't mean there was no scandal XBL. It's more a marker of how incapable Ian Gray and Wendy Alexander have been in opposition.

You can do your own hunting on Google as I've got work to do this afternoon but you should definitely have a closer look at the SIF story - it certainly wasn't just noticed by me.... :rolleyes:

Just because there was no resignations doesn't mean there was no scandal XBL. It's more a marker of how incapable Ian Gray and Wendy Alexander have been in opposition.

You can do your own hunting on Google as I've got work to do this afternoon but you should definitely have a closer look at the SIF story - it certainly wasn't just noticed by me.... :rolleyes:

:lol:

What happened to being able to go on and on and on?

There's been so many to choose from as well.:lol:

There's been so many to choose from as well.:lol:

So you agree with me? If you want, we could even do a you and include the Westminster governments as well. So the Major governments, the Blair years, the Brown shambles, and two Lib-Lab admins. I make that 8 governments (including the SNP), and of that lot, the SNP has been the most stable. Agree?

So you agree with me? If you want, we could even do a you and include the Westminster governments as well. So the Major governments, the Blair years, the Brown shambles, and two Lib-Lab admins. I make that 8 governments (including the SNP), and of that lot, the SNP has been the most stable. Agree?

If you mean stable in terms of not a lot happening, then I agree. Nothing to frighten the horses at all.

If you mean stable in terms of not a lot happening, then I agree. Nothing to frighten the horses at all.

This is true, but I actually meant it as described in my first post on the matter. Less scandals, resignations, sackings and reshuffles. Something you and Dickson seem desperate to avoid admitting! I'm not even sure why its a matter of argument.

This is true, but I actually meant it as described in my first post on the matter. Less scandals, resignations, sackings and reshuffles. Something you and Dickson seem desperate to avoid admitting! I'm not even sure why its a matter of argument.

Don't bring me into it. I'm not really a follower of the goings on at Holyrood. It barely registers with me.

Yes, you've said. Quite a lot actually. On the Holyrood Election thread.

Yeah but just because I'm having a couple of days worth of bullshitting about it doesn't mean I actually pay it any attention. <_<

I'm totally winging it.

Archived