May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ofcourse it's a diddy election. When the leader of the opposition is left to walk into Central Station without the presence of a single police officer it only serves to highlight just how diddy the election is. :rolleyes: And seriously Asda Walmart.....the one shop renowned worldwide for their mindnumbingly stupid customers and the Scottish Parliaments leading two candidates both turn up to woo the electorate in there at the same fucking time.... :rolleyes:

Just to pick you up on that - are we saying that elections are only valid when the politicians have to fear for their lives when meeting the public? If so, better let the Dutch and Scandinavians know. It's a sorry state of affairs when you have to be distant from your voters to be taken seriously.

Ofcourse it's a diddy election. When the leader of the opposition is left to walk into Central Station without the presence of a single police officer it only serves to highlight just how diddy the election is. :rolleyes: And seriously Asda Walmart.....the one shop renowned worldwide for their mindnumbingly stupid customers and the Scottish Parliaments leading two candidates both turn up to woo the electorate in there at the same fucking time.... :rolleyes:

Yeah it's definitely a diddy election.

It's to elect the legislators that look after our health, education, police, roads and most of our economy. So yeah, that's diddy.

It's to elect the legislators that look after our health, education, police, roads and most of our economy. So yeah, that's diddy.

The turnout will prove it.

Maybe it just proves how many voters in Scotland are too thick to work out the different voting procedures. Remember the adverts "do you have problems with reading, writing and numbers". Jesus wept! Numbers! Trouble with numbers! That's what 40-50 years of Labour rule has done for Scotland.

If they can't just stick an X in a box then it all gets to much for the poor dears.

Cringe!

That really is astoundingly pathetic, and only marginally less so from the snp. Reynards got a point calling it a diddy election if this kind of farce can happen in it.

Logic...

In the 2010 election, we had "bigotgate", where the Prime Minister was hounded by everyone for calling a bigoted old woman a bigoted woman. In the USA, the President has just had to show a copy of his full birth certificate because the opposition has spent 3 years hounding him and claiming he isn't American. Are you saying those are also diddy election?

Cringe!

Ofcourse it's a diddy election. When the leader of the opposition is left to walk into Central Station without the presence of a single police officer it only serves to highlight just how diddy the election is.

Cringe!

I doubt it.

They will still be politicians wanting to control us and tell jus what to do. Still wanting to rob money from us, borrow money in our name and spend it on fucking shite that we don't need.

Anyone putting their faith in politicians like so many seem to be here is a fucking moron.

Logic...

Just to pick you up on that - are we saying that elections are only valid when the politicians have to fear for their lives when meeting the public? If so, better let the Dutch and Scandinavians know. It's a sorry state of affairs when you have to be distant from your voters to be taken seriously.

Sarcasm...

...and cringe and flailing defence.

Logical rebuttal...

Maybe, but to be fair, the general elections aren't exactly well attended either these days.

...and more flail!

No maybe about it.

Too wee, too poor, why don't we Know Our Place? :(

Not really, you moron. Theres a difference between saying that what happened yesterday looked extremely amateurish, and making the kind of stupid platitudes that you just inferred.

In what way though? As I said, in America, there is the whole absurdity over Obama's birth certificate. In London, we had that ridiculous "bigotgate", and in neither of those cases did it result in people self flagellating and pronouncing themselves to be part of a "diddy nation". Its so ridiculous..."no more than others"...oh, well the turnout is so low..."but Westminster turnout is low as well"...oh, well its a Parish council..."thats not the fault of the Parliament, more Westminster"...oh, well where were the police officers..."we don't need them as we're a civilised country"...oh...we're such a diddy nation, too wee, too poor!

The parody writes itself! We've had one party who based their entire campaign on "ooooh, the Tories are back!!!!", and then when that failed, changed to "We're too poor for independence!". My rhetoric is simply reflecting reality.

Edited to fix last sentence, which was illogical.

The post not the poster xbl - I was agreeing with you, as if you bothered to read my posts you would realise I have been doing for about the past four pages. Still, if you want to carry on with your dull little cliches, fill your boots.

The post not the poster xbl - I was agreeing with you, as if you bothered to read my posts you would realise I have been doing for about the past four pages. Still, if you want to carry on with your dull little cliches, fill your boots.

I know! I was using your posts as demonstrations of how the "too poor wee, too poor" camp are flailing around. You've been the one providing the counter arguments, so I was really laughing at Dickson and Reynard, sorry if that wasn't clear. :(

Looks like the Scottish voting population would agree that the diddy election just isn't as important to them as the General Election. The turnout proves it.

Looks like the Scottish voting population would agree that the diddy election just isn't as important to them as the General Election. The turnout proves it.

So... you don't like powerful governments, but make fun of the Scottish Parliament because it has less power, and thus less voting appeal.

I would humbly submit that you are 1) a Unionist, 2) rattled, and 3) on the verge of tears.

The power of a government is not the same as the power of a parliament.

Hey, Ad Lib. What's the name of the election taking place on May 5th?

Archived