May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Totally agree they were both completely irresponsible, but unlike you I don't put that down to their nationality, just the Liebour policies they pursued.

I think you have misinterpreted my post. I wasn't having a go at their nationality.

Anyway, I do agree that left wing economic policies are an absolute f**k up on a massive scale. Always have been and always will be. Unfortunately Scotland votes en masse for left wing politics and therefore will be saddled with left wing economic fail forever.

I notice Salmond having a go at Osborne for not "spending on capital projects to get the economy going" this week. So old Alex is another follower of the Keynesian shite that has put the country into the fucking mess it is currently in. Good to know. Fucking leftie c**t.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:unsure: What?

You think a budding politician would rather have the job of finance minister at Holyrood or be Chancelor of the Exchequer? If you don't understand that the Chancellor has all the power over the nations purse strings then you are a moron.

Alistair Darling had more power than the entire Holyrood parliament FFS.. I believe he is Scottish. As was his Prime Minister. So yeah, no responsibility there at all.

Fucking hell :blink:

One or two get a decent post when Labour are in power , most of the rest are just doing what? Hee-haw. Their responsibilities for what goes on with the day to day running within Scotland are virtually nil. If they wanted to make a real difference they would be getting their hands dirty. They aren't. Were they to only vote on matters which aren't devolved they would have even less to do.

Westminster reserved issues include:

constitutional matters

UK foreign policy

UK defence and national security

fiscal and economic policy

immigration and nationality

energy: electricity, coal, oil, gas and nuclear energy

common markets

trade and industry, including competition and customer protection

drugs law

broadcasting

elections and the registration and funding of political parties

some aspects of transport, including aviation, railways, transport safety and regulation

employment legislation and health and safety

social security

gambling and the National Lottery

data protection

firearms, extradition and emergency powers

medicines, abortion, human fertilisation and embryology, genetics, xenotransplantation and vivisection

equal opportunities

treason, treason felony and misprision of treason

regulation of time zones and Summer Time

Sea fishing: Regulation of sea fishing outside the Scottish zone (except in relation to Scottish fishing boats).

weights and measures: Units and standards of weight and measurement. Regulation of trade so far as involving weighing, measuring and quantities

How many of these are dealt with on a daily basis? Social security? Drugs laws? Data protection? Certainly not treason or regulation of time zones. Scottish MPs have little to contribute to, so why do the 'best and brightest' go south?

Anyway, I do agree that left wing economic policies are an absolute f**k up on a massive scale. Always have been and always will be. Unfortunately Scotland votes en masse for left wing politics and therefore will be saddled with left wing economic fail forever.

Thanks for bringing your message to us again, I'm not in the least bored by the repetition.

Of course you are incorrect.

If "left wing" politics were to initially fail, do you really think that we would persist in supporting failure?

Just had Jim Murphy at my door then encouraging me to vote Labour because 'Well if you don't, then the Tories will win"

Is that the only argument they have?

You should have asked him!

SNP had a wee stall at the foot of Leith Walk today.

I was in Stirling and Bridge of Allan am. They were all over the place. No sign of Liebour. I guess they were in ASDA.

Well it is poll time again. The Herals shows a healty lead for the SNP still,

http://breakingnews.heraldscotland.com/breaking-news/?mode=article&site=hs&id=N0210391304197240895A

And the good old Hootsman has SNP lead slashed, But if you can be bothered to read the article it shows they still lead.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/news/Scottish-Election-2011-Labour-slashes.6760526.jp

Im assuming that there'll be a Sunday Mail poll showing Iain grey in the lead?

Hoping for Thursday that all of scotland's polis forces ensure labour's policy of intimidating voters by having their bully boys at the doors/ entrances of polling stations is finally stopped.

Im assuming that there'll be a Sunday Mail poll showing Iain grey in the lead?

Hoping for Thursday that all of scotland's polis forces ensure labour's policy of intimidating voters by having their bully boys at the doors/ entrances of polling stations is finally stopped.

Some pish about Salmond wanting to rip Scotland from the bosom of the Union.

Scottish Sunday mail has a healthy SNP lead.

Some pish about Salmond wanting to rip Scotland from the bosom of the Union.

Aww. he'll eventually get found out over all that independence stuff ;):lol:

Scottish Sunday mail has a healthy SNP lead.
is there an English version that doesn't sniff ghe old firm's arses as much

Thanks for bringing your message to us again, I'm not in the least bored by the repetition.

Of course you are incorrect.

If "left wing" politics were to initially fail, do you really think that we would persist in supporting failure?

Initially fail. As it has failed at ever other point in history.

Yes handing over power to the left wing m0ng in this country after independence would be catastrophic. Their economic policies would make sure there would be a fucking giant mess.

We would need independence to work economically. Its all well and good getting all misty eyed about running our own economy and having our own politicians telling us what to do and spending our hard earned tax money. It's quite another thing to follow the balls up that has been Keynesian economic theory. Especially when they only cherry pick the parts they like (the tax and spend bit mostly)

I appreciate that you have probably got f**k all idea about economics or the role it plays in politics. Most lefties have no idea either so you are in good company.

And I'm also glad I don't bore you. I think it's good to keep banging on about just hhow bad left wing governemnt actually is. iT'S JUST That in the UK when left wing economics leaves us in the fucking grubber every time, we then boot out the party endorsing that theory and elect another lot that have to deal with the mess left behind and generally get the blame for it.

You are a dull c**t. I understand that. You are also a loony leftie. Now get yourself to f**k.

Scotland economy is hugely reliant on the state for employment after years of left wing messing around with the economy. Over 50% of people actually working rely on the state. The folk NOT working also rely on the state for their income. If we get independence this will need to change. We will need to encourage private entrprise and we will need a burgeoning private sector if we are to go down the tax and spend route that we inevitably will. Or just to reassure our public sector reliant workforce that they will have jobs after independence.

So if the SNP win power in the diddy parliament they have come out and said their will be no attempt at delivering a referendum on independence until the fag end of their term in power.

So around four years before we see any movement on a referendum, I suppose this is to allay fears of the unionists that will be giving the SNP a vote this week? :lol:

Independence is wayyy down the SNPs order of importance now that they have had a wee sniff of some power. They have their political careers to consider I suppose. Noses firmly in the trough like all the rest of them. And we all thought they were so different..dry.gif

Independence is wayyy down the SNPs order of importance now that they have had a wee sniff of some power. They have their political careers to consider I suppose. Noses firmly in the trough like all the rest of them. And we all thought they were so different..dry.gif

Surely any politician from Scotland, that was only interested in power and money, would just pin on a red rosette and head to Westminster with the "talent"? :unsure:

Archived