May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're being pushed onto the UK panel and grilled by Dimbleby after the Scottish feed, Gray seems to be approaching the verge of tears.

Dimblebey is a much better interviewer than Magnusson, I have to say, even if some of the minor details are wrong (sweet shop instead of a sandwich shop).

Iain Gray claimed that being chased by the protesters was a "trivial issue". Well, no it wasn't. The other leaders faced them head-on but you ran.

Gray trying to blame it on Lib Dem AND Tory vote collapse. Has the Tory vote actually fallen substantially in the results so far?

Not heavily. It fell by 0.9% in Rutherglen, 1.6% in East Kilbride, and 3.8% in Hamilton Larkhall & Stonehouse (where boundary changes hit them apparently?)... however, in all 3 cases the Tories were scrapping it for 3rd by a long shot off totals of slightly over 2,000 = only a few dozen voters deserted in real terms.

As I said, compared to Lib Dem devastation, that's intriguing .

First time I've seen this Tom Greatex person. Could someone not just punch him in the face? The reason Labour lost these seats is because the SNP were more persuasive for disaffected Lib Dem voters. It is not the Lib Dem's "fault" that you lost and you do not have a "right" to South Lanarkshire.

c***s.

Curran was just torn apart by Ponsonby, fantastic television. Only turned over because Magnusson was being far too nice to Gray, STVs staying on as long as Curran's there now. She's having a mental breakdown of Dundee-fan-reacting-to-vikingTON-wind-up proportions.

As I said, compared to Lib Dem devastation, that's intriguing .

I don't think it's all that intriguing.

The Tory vote can't really do anything other than hold or increase, because all they've got left in Scotland are their core voters. The Lib Dems, on the other hand, were being held up by a lot of goodwill, which has been lost in the past year.

They're being pushed onto the UK panel and grilled by Dimbleby after the Scottish feed, Gray seems to be approaching the verge of tears.

He's covering the bases for his seat either way at the moment. I have a bad feeling he'll just scrape through.

Even if he does, it's just going to be humiliation in another form by looks of it. Neville Chamberlain-like retreat from the front-line, after what's looking like Labour's Norway 1940.

Ooh look Gray on STV. Ponsonby hits the nail on the head about Gray failing to inspire Lib Dem voters, Gray bails out by looking for results elsewhere. Pathetic.

First time I've seen this Tom Greatex person. Could someone not just punch him in the face? The reason Labour lost these seats is because the SNP were more persuasive for disaffected Lib Dem voters. It is not the Lib Dem's "fault" that you lost and you do not have a "right" to South Lanarkshire.

c***s.

I have been laying into him for a few years now, and people on here have even asked what I have against him. Look and listen to him! He's actually the guy taking the most responsibility for the Scotland Act, he's the man who leaked all the footpath stuff to the press to try and take the SNP down, and he's one of the chief Labour election strategists. He's been cc'd in on all the Lockerbie stuff (which he lied about), he got seconded north to deal with this election, and I think I hate him more than Jim Murphy. But still, if results stay like this, I'd like to see him on my tv more tonight. :D

Archived