May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is there anyone on this thread willing to speak up for Labour? Dickson? There are usually a good few Unionists on election night!

barrysnotter is presumably out at a count, he'll be on tomorrow no doubt. The rest of them are quite rightly hiding themselves :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People worrying about the SNP losing list seats. Remember that despite the increase in constituency seats all over the place, the list vote according to the exit polls and other indicators could be up by as much as 15%+ and Labour and Lib Dem down substantially.

Is there anyone on this thread willing to speak up for Labour? Dickson? There are usually a good few Unionists on election night!

People may be annoyed with the Lib-dems, it doesn't mean they would vote differently in a referendum.

People worrying about the SNP losing list seats. Remember that despite the increase in constituency seats all over the place, the list vote according to the exit polls and other indicators could be up by as much as 15%+ and Labour and Lib Dem down substantially.

Yes, but of course the 15% (projected) increase won't translate into seats automatically. It depends in huge part where the votes increase.

People may be annoyed with the Lib-dems, it doesn't mean they would vote differently in a referendum.

^^^

rattled

Uh right. So we have McCabe, Kerr saying 'we will learn from the electorate'. Then we have Gray and the lackeys singing 'the Lib Dem voters done it and ran away'.

They just don't fucking get it, do they? They actually think their second landslide defeat on the trot is a mere quirk of fortune.

Uh right. So we have McCabe, Kerr saying 'we will learn from the electorate'. Then we have Gray and the lackeys singing 'the Lib Dem voters done it and ran away'.

They just don't fucking get it, do they? They actually think their second landslide defeat on the trot is a mere quirk of fortune.

What you're hearing is when McCabe and Kerr no longer have to follow the party line...

Based on 4 seats so far, let's see. It's early yet.

Agreed. I'm getting far too over excited!

Yes, but of course the 15% (projected) increase won't translate into seats automatically. It depends in huge part where the votes increase.

^^^

rattled

Not in the slightest.

It'll never happen. Though if someone could prove it would be benificial to me, i'd vote for it.

STV reckon 59 out of 73 constituencies will be SNP.

Glad I used 2nd vote for greens to f**k over Labour twice!!

Bloody hell! That's a seriously good haul on the constituency. They might not even need the Greens to get an independence referendum!

STV reckons SNP have Airdrie and Shotts and also Cumbernauld nailed.

In 1999 the figures were Labour 18,338 and SNP 9,353.

In 2003 the figures were Labour 14,209 and SNP 5,232.

In 2007 the figures were Labour 11,907 and SNP 10,461.

UK constituency been Labour forever, basically. It was John Smith's seat.

With Alex Neil contesting it, and against the background of the swings we've seen tonight, it may actually fall.

My girlfriend and her pals have always bemoaned it being somewhere which always went Labour, narrowly or hugely, no matter what. This could be pretty historic, in a local context.

Archived