May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Loving this. Was confident of a strong SNP showing but to achieve such massive swings in traditional Labour heartlands and a possible majority in the Parliament is unbelievable. Anyone got a video or picture of this chap in his jeans? :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STV is calling seven of the remaining nine constituencies for the SNP...

http://news.stv.tv/election-2011/live/

Cowdenbeath			Scottish Labour	HOLD 
North East Fife			Scottish Liberal Democrats HOLD
Argyll and Bute			Scottish National Party	HOLD
Clackmannanshire and Dunblane	Scottish National Party HOLD
Mid Fife and Glenrothes		Scottish National Party	HOLD
Na h-Eileanan an Iar		Scottish National Party	HOLD
Stirling			Scottish National Party	GAIN FROM Scottish Labour
Kirkcaldy			Scottish National Party	GAIN FROM Scottish Labour
Dunfermline			Scottish National Party	GAIN FROM Scottish Liberal Democrats

If they were to win those seven seats then they'd only be two seats away from a majority. Some news from Stirling suggesting it is a comfortable SNP win so that should be one down in the next few minutes...

230964_10150629323915651_601315650_18404010_2746887_n.jpg

Consider me delighted.

This is just...unbelievable. I reckon Gray will be stuck taking it on the chin for 18 months/2 years. They've got to reboot the party and sticking someone else to get a kicking front and centre isn't going to change that.

High fives everyone! Stirling was another key battleground. Its said that whoever wins Stirling often goes on to win control of the Parliament...so thats good news!

High fives everyone! Stirling was another key battleground. Its said that whoever wins Stirling often goes on to win control of the Parliament...so thats good news!

:lol: It truly has been a vital seat.

Did anyone see the declaration last night where the independent guy got something like 500 votes and stormed off the stage in a huff?

Yes - that was John McKee, whose website was linked to earlier in the thread. The guy's not quite right, hope he's OK:

http://john-mckee.com/

:).

A Clyde fan in Parliament!

The SNP candidate here in Rutherglen is a Clyde fan, only 2000 votes away from getting in which is pretty amazing cause Labour have always been strong here, apparently been kicked out of some grounds in his time laugh.gif

Just amazing, Rutherglen was the first to announce, who'd have thought it would've been a sign of things to come!

I'm watching the STV feed online. It's the same feed as the TV one only without adverts. This exchange honestly just happened because they forgot to cut off the online feed to an ident:

"Alan in Edinburgh."

"Aye."

"Alan in Edinburgh, can you hear me?"

"Whossat?"

"Bernard."

"Bernard the bold, aye."

"Thank you very much for your text message, darling."

"I can't believe how bad Sally Magnusson was - she doesn't (something) in politics, obviously."

I don't know who this Alan guy is, some bearded dude standing outside the Parliament building, but that was quite funny :lol: Bernard calling someone "darling" is going to take a while to forget... and ooh the cattiness about Magnusson! They both had a good laugh about that.

Archived