May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Henry McCleish nailed it:

We haven't taken the SNP as seriously as we might have done. We don't really respect the fact it is a very distinctive Scottish election around Holyrood in contrast with Westminster. These lessons could have been learned four years ago."

"In my 30 years in politics this campaign has been the most negative. People want a vision, they want Scottishness to be an important factor."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SNP get a list seat in the North East despite having all 10 constituencies.

I knew it could happen.

They had over 100,000 votes, so even dividing by 11 meant that on the final iteration they still had more than anyone else.

They guy who got elected on the list in the North East was 5th on the SNP list and turned up in jeans, a sweatshirt and trainers because he didn't think he any chance of getting in!

SNP get a list seat in the North East despite having all 10 constituencies.

The bloke has turned up at the count in jeans and sannies as he didn't expect to be elected. :lol:

Edit: Beaten to it!

3 Labour, 2 Tory, 1 LD, 1 SNP on the list in North East

So that's five of the eight regions called now? Not looking great for the Greens.

David Denver, political pundit, who said the SNP could not get a seat in the North East, says he is amazed. He is off to look at the figures.

laugh.gif

Another one who should be reconsidering his position.

[/size][/font][/color]

Another one who should be reconsidering his position.

:lol:

What is he going to look at? Does he think the figures will change if he stares at them long enough?

SNP destroy Lib Dems in Caithness. LDs vote down 18-19% and Rob Gibson takes the seat on an enormous swing

Jamie Stone stood down and the guy who the local party chose is an utter buffoon, came across from the Tories but is still a Tory. Some long term local party members did not agree with the choice and knew this would happen.

So that's five of the eight regions called now? Not looking great for the Greens.

only four I think. It was always nip & tuck for Martin Ford up there, although it is disappointing so far. Would expect at least one seat in Lothians (list isn't expected until mid after-noon :blink: :blink: ), possibly Mid Scotland & Fife. But given some of the projections of 8 seats it's clear that greens won;t have the kind of role they might have hoped for before the poll. Simply, it's not only Labour that the SNP have taken by surprise.

I am very pleased that the SNP have trounced Labour, but disappointed at the collateral damage it looks like causing for the Greens.

Archived