May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't be ridiculous.You are forgetting the conclusive evidence of... a satirical news show.Presumably anything said on "Have I Got News For You" now constitutes the mood of a nation! Hope Paul Merton's been told...

Actually, I'd argue that a satirical news source is a pretty good way of gathering the mood of a nation. Doesn't recent history (i.e. the last century or so of European politics) rely on a lot of primary sources such as cartoons from "Punch"? What evidence would you like? So far, Unionists have dismissed such things as satirical news sources (not valid), news articles (journalistic bias), peer reviewed academic papers (they could be saying anything, all theory), and anecdotal evidence (might be invented). In fact, the only "evidence" that Unionists seem to accept is "could haves...". Peer reviewed academic paper into European identity? Theoretical rubbish. Idle speculation on how Scotland might have turned out if we'd been independent for the last fifty years? Cast iron!

No, no. I've dismissed YOU as chippy and parochial. Not Scots- I am one, am proud of it and don't need to look for the constant slights you see everywhere. But Ill give you your comments re European identity. I don't believe it exists outside the minds of tenured academics and iconoclasts.

I was on my phone for the last couple weeks, multiquote is hard! But yes, quite. What you don't see here is me calling you a chippy, parochial, bigoted, anti European little Britisher. Interesting that.

What evidence would you like?

Some form of poll of the Icelandic people would be nice.

I do enjoy how your own anecdotal evidence is immediately to be considered valid, but when other people give you anecdotal stories which don't suit your agenda, they are immediately dismissed.

Some form of poll of the Icelandic people would be nice.

I do enjoy how your own anecdotal evidence is immediately to be considered valid, but when other people give you anecdotal stories which don't suit your agenda, they are immediately dismissed.

Ah. So polls are the only acceptable evidence now? I take it you're not any kind of historian?

But such as? I don't dismiss your countless million anecdotal tales. Yes, I point out that what you've found isn't the case for all (a bit of a weakness with you), but apart from those that have form for inventing fairy stories, I don't simply dismiss anecdotal tales like you accuse me of. Do I dismiss them in a chippy sort of way?

There are good points and bad points regarding Labour winning the election.

If they win, this thread will be hilarious, car-crash material. :D But we'll have a Labour government again :(

If they lose this thread will be hilarious, car-crash material. :D But not as funny as if Labour win. :(

XBL, lighten the fuck up. Actually.

xbl if Ad Lib is telling you to lighten up you must be a really miserable person. (No offense Ad Lib :ph34r: )

There are good points and bad points regarding Labour winning the election.

If they win, this thread will be hilarious, car-crash material. :D But we'll have a Labour government again :(

If they lose this thread will be hilarious, car-crash material. :D But not as funny as if Labour win. :(

:(

The best thing about Labour losing is that there are many hidden Labour supporters who only emerge during elections to have tantrums. But they're not going to lose. :(

Oh do f**k off the pair of you. If you think that seeing yourself as British means you automatically think like Norman Tebbit, can I assume you pair of "europeans" share the politics of Arkan or Mussolini? What a spectacularly stupid statement.

Err no, I asked why you like to term Scots as being 'chippy' for not supporting the English cricket side but not English based people of Pakistani origin. I suspect it's because your arrogant forced British hand-wringing in that field wouldn't go down quite so well.

Mussolini wanted to rebuild the Roman Empire. Uniting Europe under the yoke of an oppressive regime that all citizens are subordinate to.

Really, what evidence is there that Mussolini planned to "unite Europe"?

And yet I manage to retain an element of insincerity.

Yes it shines through every busted flush of an argument you so tediously publish to the masses.

I thought I would post a good news story about the government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12136722

$10m energy deal signed with China, looks like Salmond smoozing the Chinese was a decent idea after all. wink.gif

Although it's small change, it's still pretty positive for the renewable sector.

I think even Stu could say congrats on this one!

I thought I would post a good news story about the government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-12136722

$10m energy deal signed with China, looks like Salmond smoozing the Chinese was a decent idea after all. wink.gif

Although it's small change, it's still pretty positive for the renewable sector.

I think even Stu could say congrats on this one!

It looks like a very good deal for Scotland, although not the snps biggest supporter, Salmond and co have done very well to get this deal.

You're right, its great news, however, start here:

http://www.pieandbov...ost__p__4957715

and then read on to see if Stu says congrats or not! I won't spoil the surprise if you haven't already seen it. biggrin.gif

ah, you see I read the first couple of pages of the thread, then got bored as it descended into the usual slagging match between the usual suspects - so I normally stay clear of the politics threads at the mo.

Once the starting gun officially goes off that's another matter, but then I suspect I won't be on P&B till it's all over, too many things to do and all that.

You know, being actually involved rather than being a keyboard campaigner is much more fun and you get to meet girls and stuff.

Have a wee think about it, I think you would love it wink.gif

ah, you see I read the first couple of pages of the thread, then got bored as it descended into the usual slagging match between the usual suspects - so I normally stay clear of the politics threads at the mo.

Once the starting gun officially goes off that's another matter, but then I suspect I won't be on P&B till it's all over, too many things to do and all that.

You know, being actually involved rather than being a keyboard campaigner is much more fun and you get to meet girls and stuff.

Have a wee think about it, I think you would love it wink.gif

Not me lad, I'm not a particularly political person, and I have no interest in becoming a formal member of a political party. I'll stick to my keyboard thanks. :P

Not me lad, I'm not a particularly political person,

aye right.

You believe in the aims of the party, instead of chewing corn for gummy parrots on here, get aff yer backside and give the real world a go.

Trying to change the viewpoint of folk on here is a pointless waste of time, get out and about and actually do something for once!

if you get involved in say Ochil and the SNP wins it but loses the war to labour, you will be able to say 'well you know what, I done my bit' and look yerself in the mirror in the morning.

You never know, you could take part in the campaign that achieves independence. Imagine what that will feel like, to be able to say 'I done my part'.....

aye right.

You believe in the aims of the party, instead of chewing corn for gummy parrots on here, get aff yer backside and give the real world a go.

Trying to change the viewpoint of folk on here is a pointless waste of time, get out and about and actually do something for once!

if you get involved in say Ochil and the SNP wins it but loses the war to labour, you will be able to say 'well you know what, I done my bit' and look yerself in the mirror in the morning.

You never know, you could take part in the campaign that achieves independence. Imagine what that will feel like, to be able to say 'I done my part'.....

Dammit, its tempting, especially after that speech, but I don't know if I really want to get involved. I'm a voter, not a political activist! I'm the sort of person who avoids the political activists, not one of that particular breed, and as I said, I'm really not that political a person! I fear the real world.

Archived