Nottm Forest v Peterborough

Brentford v Hartlepool/Boston

Reading/Swansea v Leicester/Blackpool

Burnley/Liverp'l v Bournemouth

Southampton v Portsmouth

West Brom v Spurs

Newcastle v Coventry

Charlton v Yeovil

Listening to radio 5 earlier, apparently the genius that is jose mourinho has suggested that all premiership team should play their games away from home should they be drawn against lower league opposition.

What a good idea!

Any thoughts?? :unsure:

Listening to radio 5 earlier, apparently the genius that is jose mourinho has suggested that all premiership team should play their games away from home should they be drawn against lower league opposition.

What a good idea!

Its a good idea in theory. But the wee clubs like their day at the likes of Old Stratford as well. Ask the Exeter fans :lol:

The wee club makes more money and their fans get the chance to go to grounds they could only dream of going to normally.

It would certainly make it a bit more competitive, but why tamper with open cup draws. I hate it when things are seeded to honest.

Its a good idea in theory. But the wee clubs like their day at the likes of Old Stratford as well. Ask the Exeter fans :lol:

The wee club makes more money and their fans get the chance to go to grounds they could only dream of going to normally.

It would certainly make it a bit more competitive, but why tamper with open cup draws. I hate it when things are seeded to honest.

It's not really seeding though - it's just trying to bring a bit of romance back to the cup. Rather than favouring the 'big' teams, it actually gives the 'wee' teams a better chance of winning. There's a novel idea! Anything that increases the chances of a cup upset can't be a bad thing. I just thought it was an interesting thing for a man in his position to suggest as well.

It always disappoints me when teams move there games to get more money. I reckon Yeading could have really scared Newcastle had it been at their own ground. I believe they could have played there too.

When I become dictator of the world I will get Jose to sort football out from top to bottom. :D:rolleyes:

But if you were an Exeter fan would you not love to able to see your team playing at Old Statford. Especially given the final score. :lol:

I also heard the Yeading commercial manager (Steve Perryman's brother) saying on Talksport last week that the proceeds from yesterdays game will keep them going for the next ten years. That cant be a bad thing for football at grass roots level as well. ;)

But if you were an Exeter fan would you not love to able to see your team playing at Old Statford. Especially given the final score. :lol:

I also heard the Yeading commercial manager (Steve Perryman's brother) saying on Talksport last week that the proceeds from yesterdays game will keep them going for the next ten years. That cant be a bad thing for football at grass roots level as well. ;)

They would still have the oppportunity. Just play for a draw in the home game. :rolleyes:

In all honesty I'd prefer it if the big teams come to my ground. See the superstars in a more down to earth settings is far better. I used to love it when the likes of Hateley, Laudrup et al had to come and play in the less salubrious surroundings of Brockville. :lol::lol:

Yeading shouldn't be relying on a cup run to keep them running. That's not exactly good business planning. ;)

Dont get me wrong, I loved it when you saw the opposition hating Brockville, especially Celtic and Rangers. In particular the year we put Celtic out. (Spookily enough the same weekend of the Perth floods).

Yes it does give the wee team a better chance playing at home, cant dispute that fact, but given the squads that the top English teams have at their disposal now I reckon I would rather have a great day out at a ground I would never ever see my team at again probably and take the money and run to be honest.

And I dont think Yeading were banking on a cup run to keep them going, more the fact that they might be able to invest a bit more (like get a half decent goalkeeper :rolleyes: ) and improve rather than languish around the lower escalons of the Ryman League.

What a good idea!

Terrible idea. The competition at the moment is a fair draw. You cant give the lower teams an advantage, just because they arent as good. It isnt fair.

Archived