Stuart Adamson

GordieBoy80

My Dad was friends with Stuart when they were at school and I remember meeting him when I was wee. Nice guy - am a huge Big Country and Skids fan. I remember hearing about his death - can't believe it's been 9 years either. Time flies :(

Had the good luck to see both The Skids, and Big Country live.Amazing seeing The Skids in Dunfermline, when i was a kid.Stuart always took time out for a blether.Legend

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed.

A huge talent, inspiration and hero of Scottish music and rock n' roll.

I'm good pals with one of the bands entourage and he's a Thistle fan himself. I had no idea, the first time I met him that he toured with them and helped set their gear up on stage and stuff and is very good friends with everyone connected with the band.

I'd give my left nut to have been at this gig. Atmosphere is phenomenal.

I was there - my abiding memory to this day is the whole crowd bouncing in unison, and being so tightly packed, that you could feel air sucking in below everyone as they were on the way up, and blowing back out again as you came down. And (more hazy memoried here) Runrig supported, a guy near me spent their whole set shouting "f**k off ya teuchter hippy b*****ds" at them.

I was at the Barrowlands Hogmanay gig - my first home leave after joining the RN. Amazing night until the bird I was smooching with puked over my shoulder into the hood of my parka sad.gif

:lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Stuart Adamson's death was one of the few times when the death of someone other than a family member or close friend even registered with me. As a teenager he was a hero and then someone I respected as we both got older, it was such a shame the way his career stalled while so many with not even a quarter of his talent or insight flourished.

I recently watched Restless Natives and whilst the movie hasn't aged particularly well the music as the Clown and the Wolfman sped through the glen or rode around Edinburgh throwing away their money was still breathtaking.

"Do you believe in Ghosts?"

• 11 months later...

If he'd tried harder to teach me the guitar in 1978 he might still be alive. Because we'd still be there. Some things were obviously beyond him.

I saw the Skids when Into The Valley was in the charts (least that's what my memory says) they played at The Factory at the Russell Club, I seem to remember the place going crackers when they did TV Stars, it was like a Corrie & Crossroads punks refugee party. Although that memory is through a 16yr old's newky brown ale haddled brain.

Grimbo

I saw the Skids when Into The Valley was in the charts (least that's what my memory says) they played at The Factory at the Russell Club, I seem to remember the place going crackers when they did TV Stars, it was like a Corrie & Crossroads punks refugee party. Although that memory is through a 16yr old's newky brown ale haddled brain.

Grimbo

Albert Tatlock!

Saw them at the Apollo in 1980 iirc - we were actually going to see John Cooper Clark at QMU but it was Freshers week or some bollocks and they wouldn't let us in. Jobson refused to sing TV Stars so they got someone up on stage to sing it who promptly whipped out his wallies then performed it brilliantly - priceless!

Archived