The Falkirk FC Thread

Haha, 'wound up' is probably the wrong term.

And you are wrong, he wouldn't, it is all about the wind up, I have no real problem with it but I would prefer it if there wasn't a repeat...

Hopefully having the home advantage at the Bairnabeau will help Falkirk win and you can finally give that b*****d a slagging after all they've put you through over the past year.

Hopefully having the home advantage at the Bairnabeau will help Falkirk win and you can finally give that b*****d a slagging after all they've put you through over the past year.

It has been a different kind of hell, I tell you what, I just can't take it anymore!!

Stirling bully boys!!

What a difference it made tonight second half having Muirhead at right back instead of Kidd I know he takes some stick on here but he's our best right back by far. Harris looks impressive even although it's only a game against Edinburgh City his turn of pace is frightening and he can deliver. Blues and Henderson looked comfortable when they came on and as always Ohara got himself on the scoresheet. Shepperds ineffective out wide and Austin looked sharper in the second half. Plenty of positives to take from tonights game would like to see us sign an attacking centre mid though if Sibbs doesn't come back.

After tonight my team for Saturday would be:

Thomson

Muirhead Gaspa Grant Gallagher

Taiwo

Harris  Hippo

Craigen

Loy Austin

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's Edinburgh city. Douglas bader would look decent against hhem.

Harris played well. If he had played badly you would have been all over this!

Give him a chance for fuks sake!

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Four minute reply Shadwell you don't miss a trick. Must have notifications sent to your computer/phone any time anyone mentions 'Shadwell' or 'Harris'.

I'm not going to get excited over performances in friendlies against Edinburgh city. Brilliant or shit tonight it's August the 5th that counts.

I'm not going to get excited over performances in friendlies against Edinburgh city. Brilliant or shit tonight it's August the 5th that counts.

So Shadwell, you are happy to post your theories all preseason about how we should set up but when an opportunity comes up to see us in action (even in a friendly) you are not willing to express a view of the performance?

I'd bet anything had we lost on here you and 'a no hope' would have been first to criticise.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So Shadwell, you are happy to post your theories all preseason about how we should set up but when an opportunity comes up to see us in action (even in a friendly) you are not willing to express a view of the performance?

I'd bet anything had we lost on here you and 'a no hope' would have been first to criticise.

I couldn't go tonight. Had other things on so apart from reading that we were pish in the first half bit better in second and Harris played well there's not a lot to go on. Having watched falkirk for over 40 years I'm used to not taking anything from pre season friendlies. I remember us having a fantastic preseason game against West ham years back with us drawing one each at brockville and Kevin Drinkell scoring.  Hopes were high that season and we got relegated.

I did ask if shepherd had been stuck wide left but didn't get an answer so it's difficult to discuss matches on very little info.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I couldn't go tonight. Had other things on so apart from reading that we were pish in the first half bit better in second and Harris played well there's not a lot to go on. Having watched falkirk for over 40 years I'm used to not taking anything from pre season friendlies. I remember us having a fantastic preseason game against West ham years back with us drawing one each at brockville.  Hopes were high that season and we got relegated.
I did ask if shepherd had been stuck wide left but didn't get an answer so it's difficult to discuss matches on very little info.

Fair enough. Appreciate friendlies won't tell us much but I don't agree with the view being expressed across the boards that they tell us nothing though. Usually comes from supporters whose team has just come off a defeat.

Probably agree that it took us into the second half to get going but that's two wins out of two and no goals conceded. Surely does confidence no harm compared to say Dunfermline 14 conceded in four defeats?