The Falkirk FC Thread

Looking into the stats about Dobbie and find it interesting that's he's been loaned out from almost every club he's been at except queens and bolton. I can see the argument for youth players been loaned out here there and everywhere but he's not exactly a youth player and never seems to last more than a season at his parent club. For instance Brighton bought him, then loaned him to Crystal Palace who then gave him a contract and immediately loaned him out without playing him. Seems like a bit of an odd track record. 

Edited by PipoIsABairn

Looking into the stats about Dobbie and find it interesting that's he's been loaned out from almost every club he's been at except queens and bolton. I can see the argument for youth players been loaned out here there and everywhere but he's not exactly a youth player and never seems to last more than a season at his parent club. For instance Brighton bought him, then loaned him to Crystal Palace who then gave him a contract and immediately loaned him out without playing him. Seems like a bit of an odd track record. 

He got Swansea, Blackpool and Palace up via the play-offs but never really got a shot in the top flight with any of them. His helping hand was probably a bad thing for him in the long term as he wasn't good enough for the EPL. His lack of pace probably hindered him tbh. Either way there's no question he's had a pretty decent career considering how he was before being loaned to Dumbarton. If he had bloomed/got his head down earlier it may have been a whole lot better.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He got Swansea, Blackpool and Palace up via the play-offs but never really got a shot in the top flight with any of them. His helping hand was probably a bad thing for him in the long term as he wasn't good enough for the EPL. His lack of pace probably hindered him tbh. Either way there's no question he's had a pretty decent career considering how he was before being loaned to Dumbarton. If he had bloomed/got his head down earlier it may have been a whole lot better.

So basically the James Keatings of down south.

I'll be there as well tonight any excuse to see BSLM and Rory Loy and I'm there. Can't wait to see them in the new Ravishing Red away kit [emoji7].

As for the season at the moment I'm actually quietly optimistic about our chances. Houstons biggest downfall last year was he kept trying to play the same way as we done in 15/16 and without Vaulks and Alston it was just never going to work. Let's just hope he settles on a system and formation that suits the players we've got we've got a few good options but one big thing I hope is that if Hippolyte is fit he starts. Yes he's frustrating and inconsistent but with Sibbald gone we're going to need all the creativity we need from everywhere else and he can be unplayable when he really turns it on.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We have almost accidentally stumbled onto a starting 11 that has to set up to go for teams throats. Pleasing after watching some laboured attacking play last season

That is until Houston starts a midfield of Taiwo, Mckee, Kerr and whatever journeyman he replaces Sibbald with, benches Loy and brings in Shankland after two games to add "experience" to the attack. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Defences absolutely shiting it from they two leaving wee sexy McKee free to smash in postage stamp 30 yarders and Styles Myles waltzing round the box scoring pens left and right

We also have Craigens zingers with both feet in our arsenal as well. 

Unbelievably a steward has asked Falkirk to stop broadcasting it appears! [emoji16]

There shouldn't be a problem with this. I have asked the chief steward and he doesn't know anything about a ban. He is investigating.