The Falkirk FC Thread

Fantastic day yesterday. Thought it wasn’t going to happen as we weren’t getting many breaks. More than deserved the draw though and the battling performance typifies the difference from previous seasons.

Everyone at the club deserves credit for what has been achieved. Hopefully some of the 7200 will be back next season.

With some quality additions we have the potential to challenge at the top end next season and keep the positive feeling around the place going.

Posted (edited)

36 games unbeaten in League One Season 2023-24.
Never in my lifetime (and I’m on the back 9 now) did I ever think this was possible for Falkirk FC. 

One of my favourite films (indeed, the best sports film bar none) is Moneyball - the story of Oakland A’s Baseball 2002 season where they went 20 consecutive games unbeaten.
Whilst not exactly alike of course, there are many similarities between that 2002 season for the Oakland A’s and 2023-24 for Falkirk, not least the drama of that final 20th / 36th game.

Oh, and Brad Pitt v John McGlynn? John is “better looking by far” as Graeme once said to Yosser. 

Thank you John & Paul, Jamie Swinney and Stephen McGinn…….but really everyone who has worked, played, managed and coached at Falkirk during this Invincible season.

Edited by HonestAl

2 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

What an unbelievable season and a great way to mark 20 years of TFS. John and the boys have done the whole town proud since day one and not only was the football and absolute joy to watch, but seeing the next generation of Bairns belting out Falkirk anthems makes me realise the club is in great hands. Being in the Championship is an absolute minimum requirement for this club and I think we can go even better.

By my calculations we’ve got 14 signed up for next season? Have I missed anyone?

Hogarth in goals 

Defenders - Adams, Donaldson, Lang, McCann, Yeats

Midfielders - Agyemang, Henderson, Miller, Morrison, Nesbitt, Oliver, Spencer

Forwards - MacIver

I think 3-4 top quality signings over the summer would get us into contention for the playoffs. 

Think that is correct as I don’t imagine Allan will be here. The priority for me would be getting Tait and Mackie signed up in addition.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Loving the Invincibles range in Greaves sport, @Bairn in Exile did you not design they T’shirts with team on the back.

I certainly did Harry, me and the club need to have a little chat!

See my post on Feb 26th.

53 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I think he will be released or punted out on loan until his contract runs out. 

You might be right there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at preseason games then moving on.

First time in years not looked forward to seeing players on release list

13 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Watching the Alloa twitter admin have a meltdown is just the cherry on top, hope everyone has a fantastic night Bairns 

I'd think about maybe getting a life, m8.

9 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

I thought it was a clear handball at the time and had a good view of it.

Just now, printer said:

I'd think about maybe getting a life, m8.

I thought it was a clear handball at the time and had a good view of it.

As opposed to accusing the first invincibles team outside the OF (for a full season) of paying off referees from an official account? Think I'm happy with my choices 😊

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Just been on line looks like they’ve sold out already !! marketing dream at present 🥳

Don’t think they are on sale yet, they all say coming soon, exactly the way I felt at the final whistle yesterday   🤣

35 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Think that is correct as I don’t imagine Allan will be here. The priority for me would be getting Tait and Mackie signed up in addition.

Tait would be brilliant if we can get something in place, and although Mackie has been a standout since starting in for Lang, be probably be looking at either dislodging McCann or a place on bench for the new season. Would love to see him signed up, and Allan will certainly be off one way or another. As posted earlier brilliant feeling going into the close season knowing that the core of the squad are here, and FH are reporting that we’ve got McKenna from Arbroath signed on a 1+1 deal. 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Don’t think they are on sale yet, they all say coming soon, exactly the way I felt at the final whistle yesterday   🤣

Thanks, probably still under the influence of yesterday 🥳

14 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

I really wish this is the man himself and not an imposter, it would mean a lot for the team to be recognised by other pros for their achievement.

I don't think the Falkirk team will be reading P&B even if Moravcik was somehow posting on here. 😂

22 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

As opposed to accusing the first invincibles team outside the OF (for a full season) of paying off referees from an official account? Think I'm happy with my choices 😊

I'm sure that was tongue in cheek. If not then It's out of order.

1 minute ago, printer said:

I'm sure that was tongue in cheek. If not then It's out of order.

Either way is funny which is why it was the cherry on top of a great day to end the season 

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

What an unbelievable season and a great way to mark 20 years of TFS. John and the boys have done the whole town proud since day one and not only was the football and absolute joy to watch, but seeing the next generation of Bairns belting out Falkirk anthems makes me realise the club is in great hands. Being in the Championship is an absolute minimum requirement for this club and I think we can go even better.

By my calculations we’ve got 14 signed up for next season? Have I missed anyone?

Hogarth in goals 

Defenders - Adams, Donaldson, Lang, McCann, Yeats

Midfielders - Agyemang, Henderson, Miller, Morrison, Nesbitt, Oliver, Spencer

Forwards - MacIver

I think 3-4 top quality signings over the summer would get us into contention for the playoffs. 

Require Goalkeeper, 2 x defenders 2 x midfield 2 x forwards.

Hopefully 1 or 2 of the young guys are ready to step up. If they are good enough (Yeats) they are old enough. We will be shopping in a higher quality shop so you never know who we might get. Another thing to consider are clubs coming in for these players under contract.

What a nice problem to have.