The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah should be a good signing. Will give Nicky tough competition if he comes.

Murray Johnson or Harry Stone?

Edited by FFC 1876

3 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Belated well done and huge congratulations to Falkirk. 

I thought McGlynn was a canny operator but to go the whole season unbeaten is an unbelievable achievement for everyone at the club.  Looking forward to games against you next season - unless we fluke the playoffs (unlikely!).

You never know.  Airdrie always a tough nut to crack as we know too well but I've not been overly impressed with Raith when I've seen them on TV this season to be honest. 

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

I could be wrong but I’d be very surprised if McGlynn has signed a boy to rock up twice a week and play on Saturdays in the championship. We are a full time, serious, professional club.

If it’s true that he’s a self-employed sparky then I’d imagine he will be either taking time out from that career or only doing it in the afternoons and evenings after training. 

He’s an older footballer, quite often they don’t train as often as younger players, managers trust them to “know their body” 

I assume as long as he is achieving the correct fitness levels and all the players appear to wear those monitors all the time so it will be easy to check - He would train two or three days a week.

Would probably need to do a full preseason to get to know the players and style of play then train part time. 

36 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Harry stone .

If true its a good signing. I don't think he'll be happy to be back-up though and surely you won't go month about again. 

1 minute ago, Baggio said:

And again

20240505_203224.jpg

It would have been a travesty for John to miss out. Fantastic and magnificent award for the John and the club. Wasn’t going to have drink, but I,ll certainly toast this announcement.

11 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

John McGlynn to get manager of the year and Ross + Tait to be announced on 10 year deals to finish off the season.

McGlynn SPFL manager of the year✅
Dylan Tait 10 year deal🔜
Ethan Ross 10 year deal🔜

Huge congratulations to John McGlynn a being Scottish PFA Manager of the Year. 

Thoroughly deserved after going undefeated in the league, and winning the championship as invincibles.

Was pleased to hear him say this is his greatest achievement in management by far, and having listened to him being interviewed he obviously bleeds football.

Callum Morrison being Division 1 Player of the Year well deserved too, from a guy who must have deserves credit for having stuck with us through the missionary work we’ve been on these last few years.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The man many on here would have had the club sack only a year ago 

I get your point, but I do think there needs to be a bit of slack cut for that when we talk about those few weeks, tbh. That Airdrie first leg remains the worst I have ever felt after a Falkirk game - it was uniquely, cataclysmically bad, and fans were feeling angry and looking for someone to lash out at.

The board made the call, it was the correct one and it's paid off in remarkable style. Absolutely delighted for him - he's done a brilliant job this year and has given the club it's pride back this season. The fans are more united now than I can remember at any time following Falkirk. Roll on the Championship.

Edited by 18BAIRN76