The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

OK How long into the season does McGlynn get before the fans want him emptied ?

For some it is one iffy signing before season starts but for the vast vast majority he has our full support

So the nine clubs joining us in the championship are: Livingston, Morton, Dunfermline, Ayr Utd, Queen’s Park, three of Ross County/St Johnstone/Raith/Partick/Airdrie, and one of Inverness/Hamilton/Alloa/Montrose.

Just like it was this season, I expect a really tight league. The mid table clubs were only a few wins short of making the playoffs were also just a few points clear of safety in terms of the relegation playoffs. 

Coming out on top of the close games will be more important than ever so I think a really good quality defensive midfielder needs to be added. I’d love to get Tait signed up again but if it’s not him, then go out and get someone with experience in this league.

I must say the commentary on Falkirk tv is just exceptional. The opening words for yesterday’s game really gets you engaged. Don’t get me wrong though, I’m scrambling for a dictionary with some of the adjectives used! 😂

The commentary on the highlights is something to behold. Had the emotions of the day all flooding back within seconds just listening to that pure joy when Brad's penalty goes in. And at the end I was beyond words listening to it. The commentary team have really epitomised the day with the sheer emotion behind their words. Can only say thank you for capturing what it was like. 

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

What’s with the sound at the trophy presentation on the FTV highlights?! 

I guess it's just recorded off the desk from the presenter's mic. No ambient sound from other mics to mix in.

Congratulations to John McGlynn winning Manager of the Year, very well deserved and delighted for him.

As much as he deserves credit for building an invincible championship winning team, he deserves it as much for what he has done off the field. Since he arrived I have loved the way he has communicated with the fans pre and post games. He always sincerely thanks the fans, you can tell he means it. He always goes into details about what's happened in the games from his perspective, which is both informative and educational. The thing I like most about his appraisals of the games though is that they are passionate, fair and honest.

One of the things I have struggled with at our club (and other clubs) in recent years is the poor communication from managers. Hartley was the worst, he was smug and dismissive, like he didn't want to be at the club. Then you look at the likes of Bartley's trainwreck interviews, deluded, blaming his players, calling the game differently to everyone else.

To be fair there are other really good managers in this league, Andy Graham and Petrie spring to mind but we have the best and are very lucky to have him. It's no coincidence that we are attracting and retaining better players now as they like McGlynn and Smith, the way they are treated and coached,  and like the entertaining way we play.

I hope he continues to build on the excellent team he has already put together and we continue to go forward and upwards again next season as we have the past two under him.

Have just started casually perusing the Championship threads again after 5 years enforced absence. Noticed that they have an attendance thread on there and a couple of fans saying that the Pars will be comfortably the highest attended club in the Championship next season now United are leaving.

I had a look at this seasons attendance stats:-

Dundee United (Championship) - 8,408

Dunfermline (Championship) - 5,444

Falkirk (League 1) - 4,750

Raith (Championship) - 4,191

Hamilton (League 1 - 2nd Highest for comparison) - 1,293

Given our season ticket sales will go up and we had negligible away fans this season (next season we'll have healthy away crowds) I think this could be a close run thing between the 2 clubs as our average will jump up.

The Pars will gain a derby with us, but lose a big crowd to Dundee United so unless they have a very successful season I can't see their figures going up much. Arbroath going down and effectively replaced by Livvi won't change things much either.

11 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If true its a good signing. I don't think he'll be happy to be back-up though and surely you won't go month about again. 

I would say its a strong possibility we do that again, after all we just pissed the league with the joint best goals conceded with that policy.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Have just started casually perusing the Championship threads again after 5 years enforced absence. Noticed that they have an attendance thread on there and a couple of fans saying that the Pars will be comfortably the highest attended club in the Championship next season now United are leaving.

I had a look at this seasons attendance stats:-

Dundee United (Championship) - 8,408

Dunfermline (Championship) - 5,444

Falkirk (League 1) - 4,750

Raith (Championship) - 4,191

Hamilton (League 1 - 2nd Highest for comparison) - 1,293

Given our season ticket sales will go up and we had negligible away fans this season (next season we'll have healthy away crowds) I think this could be a close run thing between the 2 clubs as our average will jump up.

The Pars will gain a derby with us, but lose a big crowd to Dundee United so unless they have a very successful season I can't see their figures going up much. Arbroath going down and effectively replaced by Livvi won't change things much either.

We will take more to East End than DU

50 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

I would say its a strong possibility we do that again, after all we just pissed the league with the joint best goals conceded with that policy.

Might not get away with that in a higher division though. 

Highlights/commentary are excellent, also noticed a wee pocket of Bairns fans in the bottom right of the away end. They don’t react to Alloa scoring and one of them reacts respectfully to the penalty being given.

Good stuff on YouTube as usual from Mack Mate.com, worth checking out for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet.