The Falkirk FC Thread

I'd be very surprised if we didnt top Dunfermline's average attendance next season.

Ours are virtually identical to theirs last season which is a good comparison and that is without us having 2 x 2k away supports 

Plus we'll have the optimism of a new league whereas they'll be in their second season. The loss of Dundee United will disproportionately affect their crowds (and Raith's) as well.

We may not have the biggest budget overall but should be well positioned to be financially competitive and challenge 

I’m not asking the club to publish the numbers (I think that should be kept private when you’re potentially negotiating with new players) but we must be flying in terms of ST sales.

Almost everyone I know has renewed already when normally we’d wait until nearer the deadline at the end of June.

13 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

We are a wee bit late with our new signings. That has been 48hours

First season in years we've not been gagging on a release list.

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Have just started casually perusing the Championship threads again after 5 years enforced absence. Noticed that they have an attendance thread on there and a couple of fans saying that the Pars will be comfortably the highest attended club in the Championship next season now United are leaving.

I had a look at this seasons attendance stats:-

Dundee United (Championship) - 8,408

Dunfermline (Championship) - 5,444

Falkirk (League 1) - 4,750

Raith (Championship) - 4,191

Hamilton (League 1 - 2nd Highest for comparison) - 1,293

Given our season ticket sales will go up and we had negligible away fans this season (next season we'll have healthy away crowds) I think this could be a close run thing between the 2 clubs as our average will jump up.

The Pars will gain a derby with us, but lose a big crowd to Dundee United so unless they have a very successful season I can't see their figures going up much. Arbroath going down and effectively replaced by Livvi won't change things much either.

Also a big drop in crowds next season for the league we are leaving.

The payday Montrose got a few weeks ago highlighted the Blue £ and how much it will be missed.

13 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

So the nine clubs joining us in the championship are: Livingston, Morton, Dunfermline, Ayr Utd, Queen’s Park, three of Ross County/St Johnstone/Raith/Partick/Airdrie, and one of Inverness/Hamilton/Alloa/Montrose.

Just like it was this season, I expect a really tight league. The mid table clubs were only a few wins short of making the playoffs were also just a few points clear of safety in terms of the relegation playoffs. 

Coming out on top of the close games will be more important than ever so I think a really good quality defensive midfielder needs to be added. I’d love to get Tait signed up again but if it’s not him, then go out and get someone with experience in this league.

I'm hoping the Premiership club win the play-offs. County have Uncle Roy and St J - whilst being run more prudently - had something like £4m cash in the bank when their last accounts came out. We could have a division next season where all 10 clubs fancy their chances. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Might not get away with that in a higher division though. 

Ideally we should be aiming for a better goalie than either of the Hogarth/Long pairing given that it’s a league above and Hogarth would be a very decent #2 in the championship, however if we end up signing a keeper that’s roughly the same level as Hogarth then there’s benefit to the monthly rotation in that if one of them gets injured or suspended you’re not having to bring in a player that completely lacks match sharpness. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

We are a wee bit late with our new signings. That has been 48hours

Agyeman I think was the first new signing at the start of this season and he wasn't announced until the 12th May. The fact that McKenna has already been announced as signing for us by BBC Scotland and the FH i'd expect that to happen shortly maybe this week if he's not away on his jollies. The retained/release list won't have any real surprises on it, the loans will all go back to their parent clubs, and I think everyone knows it's the end of the road for Lawal, McKay, and McGinn and probably Jordan Allan too if we can punt him. The only question marks are over Shanley and Mackie.

13 hours ago, Big chungus said:

I must say the commentary on Falkirk tv is just exceptional. The opening words for yesterday’s game really gets you engaged. Don’t get me wrong though, I’m scrambling for a dictionary with some of the adjectives used! 😂

"I CAN'T SPEAK, I CAN'T SPEAK!" - priceless!

Also enjoyed during the season the regular use of the words "ridiculous", "is" and "that" (usually said in a different order, whenever a screamer of a goal went in). 

Falkirk TV has come on in leaps and bounds, since the days of a certain commentator, incredulous at every throw-in, corner, pause in play. Thank goodness we'll not see that return.

All in all........did a no bad job of it! 😀

14 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Also enjoyed during the season the regular use of the words "ridiculous", "is" and "that" (usually said in a different order, whenever a screamer of a goal went in). 

Falkirk TV has come on in leaps and bounds, since the days of a certain commentator, incredulous at every throw-in, corner, pause in play. Thank goodness we'll not see that return.

All in all........did a no bad job of it! 😀

I had the pleasure of sponsoring it this year and the guys were good enough to give me an insight into the prep they do for each game on Saturday. It was fascinating. 
Really really good lads 

25 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Agyeman I think was the first new signing at the start of this season and he wasn't announced until the 12th May. The fact that McKenna has already been announced as signing for us by BBC Scotland and the FH i'd expect that to happen shortly maybe this week if he's not away on his jollies. The retained/release list won't have any real surprises on it, the loans will all go back to their parent clubs, and I think everyone knows it's the end of the road for Lawal, McKay, and McGinn and probably Jordan Allan too if we can punt him. The only question marks are over Shanley and Mackie.

If at all possible it would be worth trying to keep McGinn in some sort of coaching capacity.  Sounds like his influence in the dressing room was really important over the season and he has bags of experience to pass on.  

48 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If at all possible it would be worth trying to keep McGinn in some sort of coaching capacity.  Sounds like his influence in the dressing room was really important over the season and he has bags of experience to pass on.  

Think his role will be filled with StM. He’s a model pro, and no doubt will be offered addons to his coaching role that he’s signed up for. Top bloke and goes with our absolute respect and best wishes. 

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Ideally we should be aiming for a better goalie than either of the Hogarth/Long pairing given that it’s a league above and Hogarth would be a very decent #2 in the championship, however if we end up signing a keeper that’s roughly the same level as Hogarth then there’s benefit to the monthly rotation in that if one of them gets injured or suspended you’re not having to bring in a player that completely lacks match sharpness. 

I wouldn't be worrying about your goalkeeper position.

1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

It's "I can't spake, I can't spake" 😉

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Harry Stone is a better goalie than both of them. If it is him then that’s another excellent addition. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BPM said:

I had the pleasure of sponsoring it this year and the guys were good enough to give me an insight into the prep they do for each game on Saturday. It was fascinating. 
Really really good lads 

I'd like to thank you for putting your own money in this.  You did a good thing for the rest of us.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

34 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Harry Stone confirmed.

Happy with that.

If that is the case then I am of course happy with that also. Would have preferred a more experience option, but listen, I’m not going to be critical of Mcglynns recruitment. He’s earned that.