The Falkirk FC Thread

Maybe no he's just signed for Hartlepool.

Shame according to Wikipedia we've missed out big time[emoji4]

'He is experienced in cutting out those pesky diagonal long balls and a master of the self serve til in Asdas and Morrison's, where he has been known to put through a large salad as a medium on more than one occasion.'

18 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Shame according to Wikipedia we've missed out big timeemoji4.png

'He is experienced in cutting out those pesky diagonal long balls and a master of the self serve til in Asdas and Morrison's, where he has been known to put through a large salad as a medium on more than one occasion.'

He would most likely sustain a senior knee injury in the process. I've obviously kept up with this thread for a while and wondered if you guys would end up in for Watson given your apparent need for a right back, he's an experienced campaigner and easily good enough to play in the championship and the fact he's been free to leave Saints since May. Given his horrible injury record, I wouldn't be too surprised if he was one of the potential loans who was not keen due to the pitch.

Sounds like pretty fair reasoning on behalf of the club regarding a drop in the budget though. Looks like a few clubs have had to drop their budget this season in the championship.

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Drop in budget was always going to happen but to use two years of wages on Scott Sheppard isn't a waste of money at all.

Yeah I think the wider issue is how that budget has been spent. From the outside looking in, Kerr and Miller having player roles looks a bit silly as I don't get the impression they're at the level requried any more. Sheppard is obviously a back up option, will be cheap and is still young so I can see the logic with that one. If it's costing you signings in other areas of the park where you are genuinely short in quality then it looks a bit silly too. 

Was Houston aware of the budget drop at the time he was offering contract renewals? Wright was caught out by something similar a few years ago and we ended up only signing players after Stevie May was sold because his budget had been used up by players signing new, improved contracts

Yeah I think the wider issue is how that budget has been spent. From the outside looking in, Kerr and Miller having player roles looks a bit silly as I don't get the impression they're at the level requried any more. Sheppard is obviously a back up option, will be cheap and is still young so I can see the logic with that one. If it's costing you signings in other areas of the park where you are genuinely short in quality then it looks a bit silly too. 
Was Houston aware of the budget drop at the time he was offering contract renewals? Wright was caught out by something similar a few years ago and we ended up only signing players after Stevie May was sold because his budget had been used up by players signing new, improved contracts

Kerr and Miller are involved with the younger teams heading towards this project brave so that should be saving money somewhere.

Kerr gets alot of stick but it's not his fault he's picked week in week out and always gives his all, Miller should be a last 20/30 option if we are chasing a game or to see out a game if we are struggling to hold the ball up the park.

Not sure about being caught out budget wise like Wright was with May but he handed some of the development squad new deals before the likes of Watson, Taiwo, Miller and Kerr so shouldn't be taking up too much of the budget.

I think it was the fact that Muirhead was blaming everyone else for the goals lost on Saturday when it was him playing everyone else onside that was the problem. I'm disappointed if true that he never got a fair crack of the whip at centrehalf but if punting him means we can strengthen the right back area then its hard to argue with that.

10 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Was actually meaning more from the point of view of the BOD wanting to cash in ASAP (whatever the fee) rather than any slight on the boy's ability. I think he could be a very good wing back with the right support.

He isn't ready for first team week in week out, we lost 2 goals on Saturday, easily from the left hand side, thankfully one was offside, to suggest he was good going forward defeats the purpose if we are losing games due to a defender being unable to defend. If this pattern continues, it won't be Barcelona interested, it will be Buckie thistle

35 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sheppard is obviously a back up option, will be cheap and is still young so I can see the logic with that one. If it's costing you signings in other areas of the park where you are genuinely short in quality then it looks a bit silly too. 

Shepherd hasn't kicked a ball for us for 4 seasons, I am in no doubt we will add another two seasons to that now

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I wouldn't say it was "without reason"

When the manager states in post match interview we have never played an offside line and we should defend first, then didn't Muirhead comply with the managers words

I think it was the fact that Muirhead was blaming everyone else for the goals lost on Saturday when it was him playing everyone else onside that was the problem. I'm disappointed if true that he never got a fair crack of the whip at centrehalf but if punting him means we can strengthen the right back area then its hard to argue with that.

It was Watson that Housty was moaning about last night for the offside attempt as lazy defending not Muirhead.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He isn't ready for first team week in week out, we lost 2 goals on Saturday, easily from the left hand side, thankfully one was offside, to suggest he was good going forward defeats the purpose if we are losing games due to a defender being unable to defend. If this pattern continues, it won't be Barcelona interested, it will be Buckie thistle

Yea, I don't disagree on him not being ready for the first team and ideally he would be coming on for short cameos to ease him in. I feel he's been hung out to dry as things stand and it could affect a very promising career as teams will surely continue to focus on attacking him.

We need an experienced left back, an experienced CH, a new RB and, and, and...

7 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Watson is shite.

We needed experience in there, especially going down the 18yr old ful back route.

Watson and Grant have had a few decent displays but Watson and another has always looked a mistake waiting to happen. The horror show against united in play offs surely should've sealed his way out of the club.....but no

Edited by MrDust