The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, S Robbo FFC said:

Don’t agree with punting McKee, still think he’s a player that has something to give. Agree 100% about Harris the further we can get him away from TFS the better!

The thing with Mckee though is that we've got a lot of players fighting out for that position whilst if Tommy Robson gets injured ,god forbid,we're back to having to play Jordan Mcghee there.  I'd let mcKee go if it means strengthening other areas of the side.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The thing with Mckee though is that we've got a lot of players fighting out for that position whilst if Tommy Robson gets injured ,god forbid,we're back to having to play Jordan Mcghee there.  I'd let mcKee go if it means strengthening other areas of the side.

I'd guess the problem would be recruiting a player for Robson's position. They are signing on basically accepting that they won't kick a ball if he stays fit and we've seen the kind of player that attracts with regards to work-rate. 

4 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

I'd guess the problem would be recruiting a player for Robson's position. They are signing on basically accepting that they won't kick a ball if he stays fit and we've seen the kind of player that attracts with regards to work-rate. 

A left sided player who is comfortable at   fullback or centreback is what we should be looking for in my opinion.  We've got Mckee or kidd as  decent options at right wingback if Tumilty got injured.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A left sided player who is comfortable at   fullback or centreback is what we should be looking for in my opinion. 

I'd take a full back who can play on either side. That way we aren't faced with McGhee on one side and Muirhead on the other as the full backs if Tumilty and Robson get injured. Also there is a decent chance of offering them game time then as I don't see both staying injury and suspension free for the whole season.

Edited by PipoIsABairn

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:
A left sided player who is comfortable at   fullback or centreback is what we should be looking for in my opinion. 

Why not just sign CB cover for McGhee then?

Mcghee isnt a left back though.  Yes he filled in admirably when asked but I'd rather have a left sided player in there .

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I agree with both of the above. Umless someone thinks Rory Loy is finished in footballing terms then why cant he do a job for us eventually, unless its the fact that he just cannot work with Hartley in which case we need to try to bin him.

If we could get someone who could cover LB and RB that would be the perfect scenario. Loss of either Tumilty or Robson would currently really hamper our attack more than defence.

I don't think it's an issue with Hartley, I think in fact Loy has been in the squad more under Hartley this season than he was under Houston. Whatever happened, happened when Houston was here. I remember Smith alluding to him having time off for personal reasons. I think if there was an issue with Hartley he wouldn't have been in the squad at all.

f**k knows what's gone on, but it's disappointing. I was delighted when he came back.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Mcghee isnt a left back though.  Yes he filled in admirably when asked but I'd rather have a left sided player in there .

He can play left or right though. Are we going to get better with that level of flexibility?

We could do with another centreback anyway so get one that can play left back aswell and then we'll have adequate cover for all positions at the back.

I'm sure all Smith said was that Loy was off as he wasnt feeling well. Nothing about personal issues back then.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We could do with another centreback anyway so get one that can play left back aswell and then we'll have adequate cover for all positions at the back.

I'm sure all Smith said was that Loy was off as he wasnt feeling well. Nothing about personal issues back then.

If we were to revert back to a flat back four surely five centre halves is reverting back to Houston times.

Inverness on Saturday killed our wing backs being effective first half which killed us, so although 3-5-2 is working for now, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we changed it even during a game.

I'm sure Smith said not been well and not himself in 're to Loy, something has happened and it isn't injury related.

He is playing at a level he has more than proven himself at, he won't shirk at the Hartley hard work environment away from the previous under Houston. We can only hope he gets himself both mentally and physically right for the run in and make a contribution, doubt he is going anywhere soon without a big pay off

Just now, MrDust said:

If we were to revert back to a flat back four surely five centre halves is reverting back to Houston times.

Inverness on Saturday killed our wing backs being effective first half which killed us, so although 3-5-2 is working for now, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we changed it even during a game.

I'm sure Smith said not been well and not himself in 're to Loy, something has happened and it isn't injury related.

He is playing at a level he has more than proven himself at, he won't shirk at the Hartley hard work environment away from the previous under Houston. We can only hope he gets himself both mentally and physically right for the run in and make a contribution, doubt he is going anywhere soon without a big pay off

I'd punt watson if we got another left sided centreback/leftback in.    We'd then have  mcghee to cover rightback and centrehalf and the new guy to cover centrehalf and left back.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd punt watson if we got another left sided centreback/leftback in.    We'd then have  mcghee to cover rightback and centrehalf and the new guy to cover centrehalf and left back.

Is there any mileage in the rumour about O'Dea from Dee as Player coach

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McGhee is comfortable on both sides though, in fact we were debating on Saturday whether he was actually right or left footed and still haven't come up with an answer.

Therefore we currently have McGhee covering left back and Muirhead right with Watson as back up CH so the scenario that you describe would be no different from what's already in place. If you don't rate Watson though and would rather have someone else as cover then fair do's but that's not really what you're suggesting? I don't think. :unsure:

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I would keep McKee and Loy personally. I think we can do better than Harris though and I'm sure he'd get a gig with another club in this league 

I would keep McKee because I think he could play a part in a successful team and as Blair presumably won't be back next season.

Whilst I would like to keep Loy in the hope that it'll all come good for him I don't think we can justify the wedge that we're paying him while we wait as he is, presumably, our highest earner. Maybe a move out of his current environment, perhaps to England, would help him too?

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McGhee is comfortable on both sides though, in fact we were debating on Saturday whether he was actually right or left footed and still haven't come up with an answer.

Therefore we currently have McGhee covering left back and Muirhead right with Watson as back up CH so the scenario that you describe would be no different from what's already in place. If you don't rate Watson though and would rather have someone else as cover then fair do's but that's not really what you're suggesting? I don't think. :unsure:

We dont really want to go back to having Muirhead at right back and Mcghee at left back if we get a couple of injuries. That would really hamper our attacking width.