The Falkirk FC Thread

You are basing that on the way Hartley fucked up. McKinnon is not Hartley. Anyway I still dont buy the need for 9 players.

McKinnon came in, put Petra up top and he looked a different player. Put Harrison in a back 3 with no Dallison, looks a different player. Likewise Paddy Brough.

IF we get say 4 ir 5 that Ray has identified as the correct level then I think we will do ok. Too many people are focused purely on individuals here but there is team dynamics to think about IE defence can play better if there is a decent keeper behind them, likewise if there is a quality midfiled battler in front of them. Strikers can be miles better with a midfileder who can link up with them etc.

Ray obviously knows best what he needs but you cant ignore that he has got points already out of what he has. I have a hard time seeing any possible scenario where we dont emerge from January with significantly a greater chance to get points in each game.

I am pretty sure it was just after this time last season that the majority on here were raving about Hartley’s new arrivals and cracking 3 5 2 system. Then we got this season...

Early signs re McKinnon is he is better than I expected, but he’s unproven in this situation.

There are none of the guarantees almost everyone appears to be expecting on here....

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Christ, a second national poll held within 24 hours. Bravo you! You will have grasped that your second sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Tell you what. You have a wee punt at expressing just your opinion on your own. There are loads of interested parties expressing theirs and don’t really need you indulging in a wee fantasy that you are somehow representing them.

You might have grasped none of the other parties are disagreeing with my opinion and the only one bothered by it is you.

How galling.

I will be really pissed off if we don't have at least 3 new signings when we play Ayr away January 5th.
Hoping a bus pulls up to Westfield January 2nd and half a dozen players run off.

If they are of the right quality

I mean I'm pished, seeing as my team absolutely destroyed four-time-Barcelona-beaters Dundee United live on national television, and there being other threads to troll while the replies roll in on the important ones. Why not continue to highlight unrepentant racism apologists elsewhere in the meantime?

52 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ayr are playing very well and are deservedly top however it only shows what an opportunity this season was for us if we had recruited well as it’s a very, very poor league this season.

Is it a poor league because we're top?

We haven't turned up for weeks and we're 5 clear, we're maybe a lot better than most people care to believe.

We haven't turned up for weeks and we're 5 clear, we're maybe a lot better than most people care to believe.

Indeed. I keep hearing about it being a poor league because you guys are well placed for promotion after coming up from League One. It was the same last season for Livingston.
On the other hand neither the ‘big’ teams from the Premiership are performing to the expected level.
For me the league this season is no worse (probably better) than last season, nor is it any worse than the seasons prior to the downward spiral of Hibs, Hearts and Sevco into our division,,,,

10 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but loving the irony of Falkirk’s player of the month being sponsored by Top Class Recruitment.

Yes, it is rather good. Not quite on the same level as Livingston being sponsored by Intelligent Finance, but certainly the same ballpark but not on anything like the same scale.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You might have grasped none of the other parties are disagreeing with my opinion and the only one bothered by it is you.

How galling.

Christ, you’ve held yet another poll. Well done you. That wee opinion of yours that doesn’t involve you pretending to speak for others just isn’t something you are quite grasping is it?

42 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I think it’s a poor league however totally not meant as a dig at Ayr mate. A dig at us.

Pleased for Ayr that you are doing very well and hope you keep it up.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Christ, you’ve held yet another poll. Well done you. That wee opinion of yours that doesn’t involve you pretending to speak for others just isn’t something you are quite grasping is it?

I never said anything about a poll. This is a public forum. No-one on the public forum is disagreeing with me.

Falkirk are an irrelevance to other fans. The fact this upsets you offers further proof of it. Not to worry. Yer only a coupla relegations away from your big derby with East Stirlingshire.

I think it’s a poor league however totally not meant as a dig at Ayr mate. A dig at us.

Pleased for Ayr that you are doing very well and hope you keep it up.

I’m not going to pretend for one minute that there’s not been a lot of underwhelming teams this season. Partick and Falkirk made mistakes in pre-season and are suffering because of it and I’d say Dunfermline are way below expectations looking at the squad.

That being said we can only beat what is put in front of us and we’re pretty well at that so far.

I never said anything about a poll. This is a public forum. No-one on the public forum is disagreeing with me.

Falkirk are an irrelevance to other fans. The fact this upsets you offers further proof of it. Not to worry. Yer only a coupla relegations away from your big derby with East Stirlingshire.
Falkirk are an irrelevance to other fans eh?

I'm sorry but the numerous pile ons in our current season of woe (and largely fully deserved they are too) define that claim as "horseshit"

Again more delusions of grandeur from Falkirk fans. I believe there were similar pilings on when Morton had a howler of a season recently, St. Mirren had the same during their tenure under Alex Rae (choo-choo), Dunfermline fans will recall similar ravenous gorging on their carcass when they scraped to mid table safety in the seaside leagues. This doesn't mean Queen of the South fans or Killie fans or whoever else it may be suddenly had a hatred for these clubs. Just the same schaudenfraude we all have when clubs of a similar stature are having a nightmare. I don't believe anyone still using "Morten" hates Morton they just like winding up opposition fans.

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

Incredible that Bairnardo, who 48 hours ago spent a full working day deflecting against confirmed racist abuse, has somehow lowered himself today, and yet apparently has a higher user rating than anyone else on P&B?

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

I mean I'm pished, seeing as my team absolutely destroyed four-time-Barcelona-beaters Dundee United live on national television, and there being other threads to troll while the replies roll in on the important ones. Why not continue to highlight unrepentant racism apologists elsewhere in the meantime?

tapatalk_1487970079681.gif