The Falkirk FC Thread

Who's going to play then? Petra's injured, Rudden may be back at Sevco and Haber's been told he can f**k off!
As much as I would like to see us line up with two new (and better) strikers next week it's unlikely to happen. I agree that Lewis will be away but probably not as early as next Saturday.

Behave!
12.01 am on Tuesday no later.

19 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Behave!
12.01 am on Tuesday no later.

Sorry to disappoint, but there are no new signings planned for unveiling on Tuesday.

Last year we were playing on the 2nd so there was activity on New Years Day. This year we're not playing until the 5th so the club have a few extra days to get things done. You may find the next signing(s) will be announced on Wednesday / Thursday if things go as planned.

The first departure(s) might be announced on NYD though. I don't know the timescales for those. I don't need to though as no doubt Edi will be along shortly to fill in the blanks for us all. :1eye

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Who's going to play then? Petra's injured, Rudden may be back at Sevco and Haber's been told he can f**k off!

As much as I would like to see us line up with two new (and better) strikers next week it's unlikely to happen. I agree that Lewis will be away but probably not as early as next Saturday.

Sevco don't need Rudden back. They play 1 up front and have Lafferty bench warming. He may of course choose to go. 

I wouldn't start Lewis no matter what options are there. I'd rather play Harrison up front 

Whilst I can understand everyone’s clamour to empty the f*ckin lot of them, apart from the loan players I don’t see the point if it won’t save any cash there’s no way way we can afford a new 11

How do you know what we can or can’t afford?

7 minutes ago, spratte said:

Whilst I can understand everyone’s clamour to empty the f*ckin lot of them, apart from the loan players I don’t see the point if it won’t save any cash there’s no way way we can afford a new 11

So if a player can get  gig elsewhere for more money they wouldn’t walk?

See G.Harkins last week.

14 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Sevco don't need Rudden back. They play 1 up front and have Lafferty bench warming. He may of course choose to go. 

I wouldn't start Lewis no matter what options are there. I'd rather play Harrison up front 

There was talk of taking him back as cover though as they feel they're short up front, especially as Morellos has a penchant for getting on the wrong side of refs! Might depend on whether they sign anyone else?

I'd actually play Muirhead up front before Lewis although I doubt that Ray would do that?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was Buaban not getting good reports from his early performances at Falkirk?

Or was he always just a short term fix?

at 70% fitness he was showing promise but last three games had him giving 30-50% effort and was a man down, surely is away and avoiding injury for his next move.

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

So if a player can get  gig elsewhere for more money they wouldn’t walk?

See G.Harkins last week.

Harkins did get an extra years contract and perhaps more £s

Are any of our players worth another contract or more £s, well the ones that are simply not good enough