The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Lee Miller would be a very good signing especially given it's January, surely? Knows the league, still of a decent quality and different to what we have. He's a leader as well, we need as many of them as we can get. 

The fit hungry one with a point to prove that Livvy got last season yes, the current one is the Killie/latterly Carlisle struggling with injuries one. 

I think Livvy got the last drains out of him and his body and he now isn't one to start games which we need.

It does look like this substantial realease of monies as suggested isnt that substantial, tho tbf getting a player into a club that is sitting bottom and doing a 3rd squad rebuild in 3 transfer windows must be a hard convince job to do. The strikers available in this window generally are young with no experience or ones at a crossroads in their career with the latter  knowing if it fails to work, his next contract becomes harder for him to get.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It does look like this substantial realease of monies as suggested isnt that substantial, tho tbf getting a player into a club that is sitting bottom and doing a 3rd squad rebuild in 3 transfer windows must be a hard convince job to do. 

We've signed ten players and if we get the ones we're targeting over the next two days it will take our recruitment into the teens. That would suggest that substantial monies have indeed been made available.

The hard part, as you allude to, is finding the quality needed at this time of year. RM has looked at what feels like dozens and dozens of players. Every time I went into the club in recent months there seemed to be new faces walking about.

I don't know if we'll secure any more or when they'll happen but I do know it's not through lack of trying. And forwards are at the top of the "wanted" list.

I hope(and believe) that the Board of Directors would be willing to push the boat out with the wage budget to sign a top striker. I think the issue is more that we can't get one to come rather than any issue with finance. 

I'm sure Ray has been looking for months for a 20 goal a season striker but a team at the bottom of the Scottish championship won't exactly have people queuing up. 

Having said that, Conor Sammon would be an excellent signing at this level.

Edited by LondonBairn

Thierry Henry’s “There’s always next week” Sky advert no longer has a whole lot of relevance to us.

We need a home win, and we need it next Saturday. Fail again on Saturday, and new players or not, I think our tea might well be oot. We are fast running out of road.

I'm torn.  The team is much better than a few weeks ago with some good signings by Rae.  But with14 games to go every point dropped could be the one that takes us down.  Wee Rudden has given us a lifeline to be in the position we are in now, but we need more.  Shoring up the defence further might help us get a few more draws rather than defeats but relying on  the wee lad to keep us up is asking for trouble.  I've got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that we're not going to make it.

17 minutes ago, LondonBairn said:

I hope(and believe) that the Board of Directors would be willing to push the boat out with the wage budget to sign a top striker. I think the issue is more that we can't get one to come rather than any issue with finance. 

I'm sure Ray has been looking for months for a 20 goal a season striker but a team at the bottom of the Scottish championship won't exactly have people queuing up. 

Having said that, Conor Sammon would be an excellent signing at this level.

Folk will want to ignore this point though so they can moan.

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I'm torn.  The team is much better than a few weeks ago with some good signings by Rae.  But with14 games to go every point dropped could be the one that takes us down.  Wee Rudden has given us a lifeline to be in the position we are in now, but we need more.  Shoring up the defence further might help us get a few more draws rather than defeats but relying on  the wee lad to keep us up is asking for trouble.  I've got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that we're not going to make it.

So if we don’t make it should Ray Mckinnon stay and rebuild or go?

Just now, LondonBairn said:

I'm not sure how you've reached that conclusion. Haskins and Cardle aside, they've signed no one of quality. Hazard is a bombscare of a goalkeeper.

Just in the basis I believe they are under performing and only needed one or two signings. Not saying they are great though as I believe they have a poor manager. 

7 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

Just in the basis I believe they are under performing and only needed one or two signings. Not saying they are great though as I believe they have a poor manager. 

Jack Mcmillan will end up a cracking signing for them. 

The full back we should have went for. 

If the worst were to happen, I'd like to think Ray would be given the chance to bring us back up if he wants it. It was always going to be a very difficult task to replace an entire team of Hartley's duds and give us a fighting chance. He's done an incredible job so far in even having us in touching distance.

If the worst were to happen, I'd like to think Ray would be given the chance to bring us back up if he wants it. It was always going to be a very difficult task to replace an entire team of Hartley's duds and give us a fighting chance. He's done an incredible job so far in even having us in touching distance.

Incredible job? Honestly?
Comparing him with Hartley is like night and day, but comparing him with most Championship managers he’s pretty decent but nothing remarkable imo.