The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye I see nobody could be bothered to explain it was 2-0................I had to use the one site to find oots. Mon the boro if yez are gonna be p***ks aboot it

2-0 to East Fife, Samuel and Malcom scored.

Aye I see nobody could be bothered to explain it was 2-0................I had to use the one site to find oots. Mon the boro if yez are gonna be p***ks aboot it

You could have checked the EF website.

BTW, was that your first post about East Fife?

Michael McGovern

Kieran Duffie - Chris Smith - Darren Dods - Steven Kingsley

David Weatherston - Stewart Murdoch - Jay Fulton - Andy Haworth

Luke Leahy

Lyle Taylor

Would have Flynn instead of Smith, cannot handle Smith and Dods at the back. I didn't think there could be anybody slower than ours Dodsy, but in Smith we appear to have one.

And would have Alston ahead of Weatherston, had a great end to the season and knows where the goal is, unlike Weatherston.

Would have Flynn instead of Smith, cannot handle Smith and Dods at the back. I didn't think there could be anybody slower than ours Dodsy, but in Smith we appear to have one.

And would have Alston ahead of Weatherston, had a great end to the season and knows where the goal is, unlike Weatherston.

I missed the first 15 mins of the Hearts friendly (Im not sure how he looked then) but thought Smith looked ok in what I saw

I can see sibbs being a half time or 70 min sub most of next season, alston could start a bit more often

I think he could be a good impact sub but Id like to see him start a few games too. I think on his game he looks something special. Alston seems to be away from the limelight a bit but looks a real player.

I guess that we will miss Millar but our midfield actually looks pretty decent squad wise.

We could probably get away with a few injuries over the season and still have good cover.

People have to remember Sibbald just turned 17 in the off season. One of the youngest members in the squad still (even with our squad).

Quite a thought really. Makes me wonder what I did with my life ;)

Mmm ... I had to read your post a couple of times but I think I've got the gist of it,

and the gist of it is that Newco in the First would have been better for us than Newco in the Third because we'd have a play-off place as well as an automatic promotion place to aim for !?

we'll never know but I reckon Newco in the First would have been able to hire a decent enough squad to win it (Ian Black etc.) leaving us with just the play-off place to aim for, as it is we have just an automatic place to aim for - so better off as it is yes ?

The potential for harm to our club from a YES vote comes from boycotting visiting fans and disenchantment from our own fans.

Yep, The 1st div is crying out for another promotion place, may it be via play off or automatic. A restructure was put on the table with play off place and yes to probably help that newco would surely at least get back in via one of them. We then wouldve had a league that had at least two chances of the SPL. Our league last season was over by xmas in my opinion, throw a similar position of play offs in each other league and we may have had some excitement Jan - May for 40% of our league

An yep, Rangers perhaps wouldve ended up either winning the 1st or in the play offs at least if they were granted permission to play in the 1st, but ask Dundee fans about buying the league, its not that easy. I dont think we wouldve been in with a real chance with Rangers and Dundee in league, but without either we have albie with only the one position up for grabs, which is a bad joke which wont change soon.....

As for fans boycott, I think we are down to the hardcore of fans at every club nowadays and its minority of fans that will boycott, none of my mates are concerned, feck all has changed.........The end of the day if our club is doing well, our numbers will soon be greater than of the ones that choose to boycott as the large portion of our fans vote with the performance on the pitch

I dont expect the club to reveal how they voted, they will hide behind the secret ballot and the fact that nothing has changed on how they voted but fair play if you feel strongly enough on it but nothing has changed........

Was at the game today, wouldn't look to much into it if I was a Falkirk fan, seemed very much like a 2nd/3rd string(Jordan White played the whole game) and Steven Pressley wasn't even taking care of the team, was upto Stevie Crawford.

Coincidentally Pressley was in amongst the Falkirk fans pre match while the Falkirk team was warming up, seemed like a good idea, at half time though he was walking back up to the bar at half time and a women stopped him to ask a few question etc,

I caught a bit as I was walking past and the bit I heard was

Pressley:-Even I don't know how the club voted(done while shrugging shoulders and holding up hands)

Old Women:-I just feel like the club have sold out the fans

Pressley:-What, you feel like I've sold out the fans?! (done while putting hands to his chest while doing a shocked impression:)

Old Women:-No, not you, the club.

Pressley:-*shrugs shoulders and holds up hands*

One thing really stood out for me during this conversation, Pressley really loves using hand actions/body language.

You could have checked the EF website.

BTW, was that your first post about East Fife?

Are you new to being beaten by a 2nd Div Club? - EFFC Official website probably still has our 2008 fixture list as what happens next.............it happens to have us beating your nemisis Dumfi 3-1 to us at the moment - peace please and get behind EFFC @ Govan.

Are you new to being beaten by a 2nd Div Club? - EFFC Official website probably still has our 2008 fixture list as what happens next.............it happens to have us beating your nemisis Dumfi 3-1 to us at the moment - peace please and get behind EFFC @ Govan.

Ha, no.

I have seen us pumped from loads of clubs. Dunfermline are a rivalry, not a nemesis.

And yes, Mon EF. Had a great day up there at the start of last season ;)

Ha, no.

I have seen us pumped from loads of clubs. Dunfermline are a rivalry, not a nemesis.

And yes, Mon EF. Had a great day up there at the start of last season ;)

Out of Greenies, I'll do it tomorrow - thanks. Reading the One site it seems you were just playing your 'bairns' anyway! BUT it is a step-up for us......I think it was aboots 2 years ago you brought the kids XI and pumped us 0-3 :lol:

Out of Greenies, I'll do it tomorrow - thanks. Reading the One site it seems you were just playing your 'bairns' anyway! BUT it is a step-up for us......I think it was aboots 2 years ago you brought the kids XI and pumped us 0-3 :lol:

Its a friendly :lol: