The Falkirk FC Thread

I've got my boring as f**k head on today, surely these two kits are far too similar to one another and will clash with a good few teams in the league? I'm thinking Morton and Raith for sure, and possibly Dundee and QoS as well? I can see us using the yellow kit from this season a few times.

They're OK, they'll possibly grow on me, but I wish we'd have more red in our kits. Falkirk's colours are navy, white and red. It's been too long since we had a primarily red away kit.

I've got my boring as f**k head on today, surely these two kits are far too similar to one another and will clash with a good few teams in the league? I'm thinking Morton and Raith for sure, and possibly Dundee and QoS as well? I can see us using the yellow kit from this season a few times.

They're OK, they'll possibly grow on me, but I wish we'd have more red in our kits. Falkirk's colours are navy, white and red. It's been too long since we had a primarily red away kit.

I think there will be a 3rd kit, but unsure if its new or this years yellow strip.

I believe the Kitman will also mix and match the 2 kits ie; Could wear as is or wear all navy or all white which will help against the teams you mention.

I cant ever remember red being a major part of the strip until fairly recently apart from perhaps the socks at times and I've been watching them for over 30 years. I don't know if any older fans could say whether it was traditionally part of the top. I much prefer simple blue and white with no red apart from again the socks maybe.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Almost always had an element of red in the kit, according to this site: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Falkirk/Falkirk.htm

Going by that though only 3 times between 1876 and 1991 did we actually have any red in the top and one of those was simply the badges. I've not got a problem with red socks but traditionally we don't have any red in the top itself and in my opinion it should stay that way.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I'm the opposite. I much prefer navy and white kits. Don't like a lot of red in them. My favourite home top of recent years has been the 2003-2004 Ochilview top. Classc navy with just a white trim.

I think there will be a 3rd kit, but unsure if its new or this years yellow strip.

I believe the Kitman will also mix and match the 2 kits ie; Could wear as is or wear all navy or all white which will help against the teams you mention.

Last I'd heard, there will be no new 3rd kit this year.

Did you guys decide on if your going with a plastic pitch next year? You'd think a decision would have to been made by now.

No one knows yet, after the concerts this summer the pitch will be fucked, so after then it'll be either get a new grass pitch or a plastic one. A decision will be made on or around the 24th June I would presume

24th of June would leave you only a month to do everything bit tight isn't it?

Aye probably, I can't see an artificial pitch going in myself but there will be a new pitch of some sort. Since the start of January our pitch has been pretty terrible.

The 4-3 loss to dumbarton should not have been played, it had rained for about a week solid before that game, the pitch was like playing on muddy custard, it's now been like a sand pit since that day.

Did you guys decide on if your going with a plastic pitch next year? You'd think a decision would have to been made by now.

We either throw good money after bad and try to sort the pitch. Or we go plastic fantastic.

Looking at Airdries pitch a few weeks back I fully see why a lot of clubs go plastic.

Apart from the obvious stuff like being able to train on it and rent it out, we can also never lose cash from night games again.

What gets overlooked when a Saturday game is cancelled is a drop in attendance and very few in hospitality.

When you look at the pros and cons of a plastic pitch you kind of wonder why any team outside the SPL plays on grass.

1 day you never know but the SPL may even drag itself into 2013. Seems to have been stuck in 90s mode for as long as I've known it.

Edited by Gaz FFC