The Falkirk FC Thread

Whether Lyle leaves or not isn't really going to be decided by Holt, it will be decided by whether or not a club meet our asking price.

I reckon he will be here for the cup matches in July and probably the 1st couple of league games. I doubt he will be a Falkirk player come September the 1st though

250k rumoured to be what Boro are looking to buy lyle for. Would be disappointed if he went but if we got offered that upfront with some add ons would take it.

Decent sum but then is it simply going to be used to pay off debts or will a decent chunk be invested into the side so that we can challenge fro the title this season?

Surely theres got to be a balance between paying off debt and being able to put out a team capable of winning the league. In my opinion if we dont put up a very good challenge for the title this season then it will be the last straw for a number of fans and we'll be seeing crowds on their way down to well below 2000. Selling him whilst we're trying to sell season tickets aint going to entice people along to buy them unless other signings are made using a chunk of the cash to offset losing him.

The play offs will essentially see a "challenge" being interpreted as "being in contention for a top four finish for most of the season".........not exactly a big ask.

If rumours are to be believed, then a significant number of Dundee fans are already getting itchy feet about Trust ownership, and are hungry for "external investment" (spending money they don't have) all over again. Doubtless it will all end in tears, but hey, generating millions in debt never hurts in Scottish football, so that just might swing the league title their way. Mortons sweetie man is obviously still taking a punt in Greenock, so they too might be contenders.

The next bracket probably contains us, Livingston QotS and Hamilton. Of that four, we might be the least predictable, with QotS as the wild card. Livingston appear to be heading into unknown territory by attempting to stop running up debt, but equally, they won't be doing anything to reduce it.

That leaves Alloa, Raith, Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath as (probably) the clubs that will fight out the bottom slots.

I expect us to have the second highest attendances (behind Dundee) and a big percentage ahead of all but QotS. I don't think we'll be in the top three spenders though.

I am pretty sure Martin Ritchie would settle for third place yet again.

Its a may be a good price but for his own footballing reasons hed be better staying here cause lets face it as much as we love him he'l get found out at that level. That money will not make its way back into the first team not when we got a plastic pitch to pay for.

I'm not disheartened with the club as much as some but does anyone else feel the same? i've no problem paying to watch basicly and under 19s team developing but i want to see it going somewhere not just to keep struggling to get mid table in the 1st devision

Surely the funds for the pitch are already secure. If not, why are we pressing ahead with it? If the funds are not in place and we don't sell Taylor (or get a smaller sum for him) then you'll need to get used to watching us churn out 17 and 18 year olds (regardless if they are ready for it or not) for the forseeable. It's the Richie way.

Dont get me wrong im all for the pitch i think it will provide better football all round than playing on the sandpit and itl save us much more in the long run and we must be like stenhousemuir and make sure it is used by the comunity on hire. if were not playing a game or training then it

should not be sittingthe tesco empty whilst tesco camelon take on asda grangemouth on a thursday night.

I actualy agree with ritchie in ten years it could only be say ibrox parkhead hampdon easter road and pitodrie playing on grass

one day future generations will look back and say daddy when they played on grass what happend when it was so cold the grass froze? well son the home team spent thousands of pounds burning gas and lecky to heat up a field of grass. dad no way what kind of idiot would heat up a field did they have big heaters in the open air stand to keep eveeryone warm to?

also there is nobody in the devision next season we should be remotely scared off. i'm hoping garry holt does well if he gets a winning mentality into the boys, f**k me even with pressely we went on 5 game runs! confidence breeds more confidence.

My thoughts exactly, except mine have accurate grammar and spelling.

How does the laying of the new pitch and having it ready for the start of the season fit in with what will probably be a week when they cant do any work on it because of Ronan Keating and Co?

How does the laying of the new pitch and having it ready for the start of the season fit in with what will probably be a week when they cant do any work on it because of Ronan Keating and Co?

Rip up the old pitch and put in the lower layers drainage, sub base and tarmac before the concerts. Then put the shockpad and pitch down after the concerts seams the best way to do it.

i know my spelling and grammer is pish sir i cany help it so a canny!

I read in the herald that 2 games in august may need to be moved to allow the work to be completed . not sure if its league games or early league cup or challange cup tho. as for pre season f**k knows

Any of u guys shed any light on how much it has cost Falkirk with regards to the 3G pitch? Or if it was all government funded, I wish rovers would do this, garunteed money maker!