The Falkirk FC Thread

If Queens can afford it's fine, Dobbie is worth working with 3/4 players less with the impact he'll have.

Houston is also taking it as gospel that Dobbie has gave him a serious figure, would it be a surprise that Dobbie has gave him an over inflated figure so Houston stopped bothering him? Easier than telling him to f**k off. The only clubs at this level with a chance of Dobbie would've been QoTS and Hibs.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

So it's not only the Falkirk fans who are obsessed with us, it goes right to the management :lol:

I have an image in my head of Houstons baldy napper going redder and redder as he rants at the audience about how much Dobbies on. Probably didnt happen like that but its amusing me :lol:

We've got Dobbie, Stephen Dobbie. I just dont think you understand

Sorry if I repeat what others have said, just some notes I jotted down.

A few people seemed a bit pissed off but it was an overall friendly affair.

For the board:

• Their first priority is getting team promoted.
  • Second is completing the ground, this seem to be early days, consulting and planning.
  • No debt, there is money put aside incase shit hits the proverbial, we were very close to going under 5/6 years ago.
  • Playing budget has apparently increased from last year.
  • Someone asked about terracing but Henderson seemed quite reluctant about it, lots of complications etc.

Houstie:

• Not happy with the start we’ve made. Feels like the players are not playing to their full potential. IE how can we be so poor in one half and better the other.
  • He is limited by our wage structure, seems like no player is anywhere near 1K a week, seems more like £500 p/w. He thinks that our budget is the 3rd highest in the league.
  • Dobbie is getting 2K a week at QoS. Houstie = #ITK
  • Budget has been spent, so new players coming, no loans either.
  • He did mention something about getting in touch with McGrandles but stated that he's nowhere near ready to be playing.
  • Playsoffs are the minimum target for this year.
  • Tony Gallagher to start this Saturday.
  • Singled out Hippolyte a wee bit saying that he wants him to be more consistent, rather than being decent in 1/5 games, bringing that up to 3/5 games.
  • Scouting budget is restricted to Scotland.

Some of the questions were utter pish

“In one of the games the ball wasn’t on the arc for a corner, how do you feel about that?”

“Why haven't you scouted the juniors for players?”

Edited by superandy_07

3 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Sorry if I repeat what others have said, just some notes I jotted down.

A few people seemed a bit pissed off but it was an overall friendly affair.

For the board:

• Their first priority is getting team promoted.
  • Second is completing the ground, this seem to be early days, consulting and planning.
  • No debt, there is money put aside incase shit hits the proverbial, we were very close to going under 5/6 years ago.
  • Playing budget has apparently increased from last year.
  • Someone asked about terracing but Henderson seemed quite reluctant about it, lots of complications etc.

Houstie:

• Not happy with the start we’ve made. Feels like the players are not playing to their full potential. IE how can we be so poor in one half and better the other.
  • He is limited by our wage structure, seems like no player is anywhere near 1K a week, seems more like £500 p/w. He thinks that our budget is the 3rd highest in the league.
  • Dobbie is getting 2K a week at QoS. Houstie = #ITK
  • Budget has been spent, so new players coming, no loans either
  • He did mention something about getting in touch with McGrandles but stated that he's nowhere near ready to be playing.
  • Playsoffs are the minimum target for this year.
  • Tony Gallagher to start this Saturday.
  • Singled out Hippolyte a wee bit saying that he wants him to be more consistent, rather than being decent in 1/5 games, bringing that up to 3/5 games.
  • Scouting budget is restricted to Scotland.

Some of the questions were utter pish

“In one of the games the ball wasn’t on the arc for a corner, how do you feel about that?”

“Why haven you scouted the juniors for players?”

If you had to pick on word to describe Hipployte it would be inconsistent. Thats why he was, inconsistently, plying his trade at Livingston. Houston cant surely just be realising this now?

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

You think you'll do better than 7th this year? :lol:

Doubt it like

You get money for advancing in cups as well.  He turned the match against Hibs which has already secured a lucrative tie at Ibrox.

And yes, I think we'll finish higher than 7th.

9 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

I love the idea of some old duffer telling houstie to send one of his boys out to watch Broxburn v Sauchie. In fairness there would 100% be a player in that game better than Cooper or Morgan.

Hamilton Accies have two players signed from Junior teams. Partick have one. All would walk into the Falkirk team.

The league you are in is full of ex-junior players. The fact you don't think any players in the Juniors are good enough is laughable

Hamilton Accies have two players signed from Junior teams. Partick have one. All would walk into the Falkirk team.

The league you are in is full of ex-junior players. The fact you don't think any players in the Juniors are good enough is laughable

Name me three junior players who would walk into the first team at Falkirk.

8 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

The fact you don't think any players in the Juniors are good enough is laughable

Never said that. Also would much prefer to scout English lower leagues than a place where Colin Samuel is still regarded a top striker.

You get money for advancing in cups as well.  He turned the match against Hibs which has already secured a lucrative tie at Ibrox.

And yes, I think we'll finish higher than 7th.

Yeah I'm only messing about. Was looking for more bites after the 'I believe anything Houstie says' post. Whatever dobbie is on he's definitely worth it. Baller at this level