The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Houston is working on a budget about double Queens.

That is why he can,t understand how we signed DOBBIE.

Think Houston tried to say that DOBBIE was on £1000 a week at Queens

There is no Queens player on anywhere near £1000 a week.

Well done wee bairn, you eventually hooked someone. Can you throw him back now please?

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

Oh well, at least on the plus side you can concentrate on steering clear of the play-offs at the bottom of the League :thumsup2

I'm guessing the Dumfries share a brain has the night off for you and Mustafa

A cup competition that's a nothing pre semi finals, we make 5 changes and the game was a toss of a coin....

Its a competition that generally costs your club money unless you win it....

Edited by MrDust

Falkirk are pretty bad at the fitba. Glad we got a bit of revenge for the league game.

Most of our squads have played in the two games and we seem pretty evenly matched. That has to be a worry.

27 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Falkirk are pretty bad at the fitba. Glad we got a bit of revenge for the league game.

Most of our squads have played in the two games and we seem pretty evenly matched. That has to be a worry.

Revenge ?

A cup competition you won't win, lose money continuing in versus point(s) in the league that maybe crucial for your survival.

Revenge ?

A cup competition you won't win, lose money continuing in versus point(s) in the league that maybe crucial for your survival.

I would say beating a team who were fortunate to beat us slightly more than a week ago is revenge.

Maybe so but we have got 7 points from the last 4 which is not the worst for a side supposed to be at the bottom. Was more interested in if you think Falkirk are starting to go backwards while still picking up results mostly?

I'm guessing the Dumfries share a brain has the night off for you and Mustafa

A cup competition that's a nothing pre semi finals, we make 5 changes and the game was a toss of a coin....

Its a competition that generally costs your club money unless you win it....

I take it the "novelty" value of winning cups has worn off for Falkirk?! [emoji6]

I would say beating a team who were fortunate to beat us slightly more than a week ago is revenge.

Maybe so but we have got 7 points from the last 4 which is not the worst for a side supposed to be at the bottom. Was more interested in if you think Falkirk are starting to go backwards while still picking up results mostly?

You enjoy that sweet sweet revenge m8 :lol:

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I will be impressed if you can explain how you lose money continuing in it? Feel free to be specific.

Our club at fan meetings have been specific over the years, that we have only just made money competing in the competition when we win it, in fact it was stated if we had lost it the last time we were in the final, we wouldn't have made money.

Its not exactly brain taxing, last night for example, 1300 crowd, lower admission, halved gate receipts minus costs, travel costs and if we had won, players win bonus.

Yep, its a real cash cow

Just now, MrDust said:

Our club at fan meetings have been specific over the years, that we have only just made money competing in the competition when we win it, in fact it was stated if we had lost it the last time we were in the final, we wouldn't have made money.

Its not exactly brain taxing, last night for example, 1300 crowd, lower admission, halved gate receipts minus costs, travel costs and if we had won, players win bonus.

Yep, its a real cash cow

Its clearly causing you some problems then for something not brain taxing. Do you lot just accept nonsense without question? Whatever your share of last night's gate was it is money you otherwise wouldnt have and there is prize money for advancing too. If your player win bonus is higher than the prize then thats a reflection on an incompetent wage structure. And the game was in Ayr, not Arizona. It was probably closer to home than your own ground is for half your squad.

I never said it was a cash cow. Its not. If you want to claim its not worth the hassle for a fairly trivial benefit thats fine. Thats a matter of opinion. However the idea that it costs you money to advance is utter nonsense.