The Falkirk FC Thread

I've not seen Osman of yet but no one can turn slower than Paton so his days will surely be on the bench.

Dallison had decent pace and was a decent size but being the biggest shitebag I've ever seen as a centre half let him prove that he has been in cotton wool at premiership academies, the fact he went out on loan a few times and rarely played was enough for Hartley to realise something was up.

As for new keeper, they can be the hardest positions to fill in a team, we are still looking for one close to McGovern. 

The remaining players incoming will be in how McKinnon wants us to line up in formation. We are overloaded centre mid, centre Def so up top and wide areas I'd guess will be the positions being filled.

I'd love a right back but two strikers a wide player and a goalkeeper would be my preference

Edited by MrDust

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:
It will be a main striker, a winger, a goalkeeper and another attacker who can play in multiple positions I believe.

Are you just going to crack on till Keithgy bans you? I for one hope so.

I said I believe those will be the players signed, I'm not claiming to have any information.

Interested to hear which 3 signings so far you think are unnecessary considering we only needed 4? Also, presumably you're still not bothered if our match-winner at the weekend leaves?

Edited by EdiBairn

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

You must be utterly raging that you got it wrong with O'Hara eh. Utterly. Raging. 

I didn't get anything wrong. He's only been recalled to provide cover for a few games. As soon as Ray gets his 4 attacking players in, he'll be back out on loan or permanently.

I didn't get anything wrong. He's only been recalled to provide cover for a few games. As soon as Ray gets his 4 attacking players in, he'll be back out on loan or permanently.
You're not a Falkirk fan are you? You follow whats going on... But its not something you personally care about.... Warm?

With regard to further departures I would go with the following

Fasan - I would stick with Mitchell and Mutch till the end of the season

Brough - I don’t think we need both him and Harrison and, as Harrison offers more in the scoring department, I’d keep him.

Muirhead - I would tell him that he will be no more than a peripheral player and that his agent should look for another club for him. He might be quite attractive to some teams.

Irving - I wouldn’t keep him.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

With regard to further departures I would go with the following

Fasan - I would stick with Mitchell and Mutch till the end of the season

Brough - I don’t think we need both him and Harrison and, as Harrison offers more in the scoring department, I’d keep him.

Muirhead - I would tell him that he will be no more than a peripheral player and that his agent should look for another club for him. He might be quite attractive to some teams.

Irving - I wouldn’t keep him.

I cant help feeling theres something about Brough though.  Decent size and has a bit of pace. Theres something to work with there and a bit of decent coaching could turn him into a decent player. Harrison is too far along for that and is so slow that it can cause problems.

I cant help feeling theres something about Brough though.  Decent size and has a bit of pace. Theres something to work with there and a bit of decent coaching could turn him into a decent player. Harrison is too far along for that and is so slow that it can cause problems.
Yeah given a choice between Brough and Harrison you surely keep Brough. Can play LB in a 4, CH in a 3 and probably could in a 2 aswell at a push.

Hes not great. My mind often goes back to how easily Longridge done him in the first Pars game but I think hes ok.

I would keep Brough and Harrison as backup defenders as we don’t know about injuries. Aero is the difficult one. He has given us a lot but is not good enough
As recently as summer I was delighted Aero stayed on. I thought he played well under Hartley, took on responsibility in the shit times pre January and continued to show that as we got safe.

He maybe has given us a lot but he is no longer giving. He was never a silky top drawer player but his regression football wise has been quite something. Utterly dreadful.