The Falkirk FC Thread

It used to be worse at Brockville, after we won the league in 1991 the board chose to split the Hope St end with away fans for games against the old firm. Any game against Celtic attracted knuckle dragging **** who would do their best to noise the Celtic fans up resullting in coins being thrown through the fence.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/blog/club-investigate-use-of-temporary-stand/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Thoughts on this? Don't agree with adding a temporary stand if it still means supporters will be getting punted from the Main Stand anyway... at least for the Sevco games. They have a cheek to talk about minimising disruption to our supporters to then say they'd probably get moved anyway.

It's like free money though. They get the north and the main stand, and our MS supporters are pissed off. Or they get the north and the main stand, and our MS supporters are pissed off, and there's another 1000 away tickets sold.

25/1 for you guys? I think Cowden are better than Rangers and if Accies are better than Hibs, and Hearts are hampered by having a shower of morose clowns in charge why on earth are you at such long odds?

I'd normally hope to see you relegated by Christmas but I wish you all the best. If you put in a strong start you might not be caught. As the others scramble to find their feet you guys could rack up the points and leave the rest to cut each others' throats as the season progresses.

When was the last time there was any real issue between supporters?

The only issues I recall in my 27 years was when Dunfermline fans racially abused Cadette and we made inappropriate noises and songs regarding Norrie.

There have been a few young team scuffles that have reared up over the years, but mostly it's been fine.

I don't know any anti Falkirk songs you sing but we do have a few for you.

Scoring last minute goals at your place and beating you to clinch a Scot cup final and Europe will always be great memories for any Falkirk fan.

I wouldn't say Falkirk fans hate anyone to old firm levels.

To be fair, I don't think many teams have true hatred of any rivals anymore.

We seem to be a lot more civilised nowadays and actually drink before and after games with rival fans which seemed mental 20 years ago.

We do still enjoy any cup match with the Pars.

I mostly think that's because I recall you winning 1 cup match with us in the last 27 years.

Quite funny having seen all the cash you spent chasing some mad dream.

It's like free money though. They get the north and the main stand, and our MS supporters are pissed off. Or they get the north and the main stand, and our MS supporters are pissed off, and there's another 1000 away tickets sold.

Free money apart from the cost of building and maintaining it.

The only issues I recall in my 27 years was when Dunfermline fans racially abused Cadette and we made inappropriate noises and songs regarding Norrie.

There have been a few young team scuffles that have reared up over the years, but mostly it's been fine.

I don't know any anti Falkirk songs you sing but we do have a few for you.

Scoring last minute goals at your place and beating you to clinch a Scot cup final and Europe will always be great memories for any Falkirk fan.

I wouldn't say Falkirk fans hate anyone to old firm levels.

To be fair, I don't think many teams have true hatred of any rivals anymore.

We seem to be a lot more civilised nowadays and actually drink before and after games with rival fans which seemed mental 20 years ago.

We do still enjoy any cup match with the Pars.

I mostly think that's because I recall you winning 1 cup match with us in the last 27 years.

Quite funny having seen all the cash you spent chasing some mad dream.

I for one hate Dunfermline over everyone else as do most of the guys who go to games along with me. Ingrained since the seventies when We witnessed many a battle including one that spilled onto the pitch at half time during our usual rout of them.

Fans everywhere hate the OF but for reasons other than football rivalry.

I can't understand anyone who hates a club more than either of the Old Firm. It's not even close. They're vile in literally every single way.

Never enjoy visiting Ibrox and Parkhead.

It's even worse when they visit the town.

It's quite funny when a team like County finally get up to the Premier league and they talk about visiting Glasgow and playing the big teams.

Wonder how quickly they realise how shit it really is?

Never enjoy visiting Ibrox and Parkhead.

It's even worse when they visit the town.

It's quite funny when a team like County finally get up to the Premier league and they talk about visiting Glasgow and playing the big teams.

Wonder how quickly they realise how shit it really is?

I agree with this - my first though on the temp stand is that we'll end up with a 'Deliverance' of mono-browed mouth-breathers singing utter guff just 30 feet from the South Stand.

Old Firm fans are a different breed - it's not about the football for them - it's about reflected glory, different was of pretending to worship a mythical sky fairy and a skewed version of 300 year old events from an entirely different country.

The few hundred Alloa fans that sat in the North Stand at the end of last season and went from utter despair to jubilation in the space of a few minutes are head and shoulders above anyone who attaches themselves to the Old Firm.

Some Carlise fan seems to believe we could see a partnership of Lee Miller and Rory Loy for next season...

Please be true, please.

Didn't rumours of Lee Miller go round last summer around about the time of the Pars game?

Re the main stand ST holders, are these folk really saying they'd rather see 1k away supporters worth of income turned away twice a season so they can sit in their normal seat? f**k them.

3k is enough for any away support anyway. We've shown in our playoff games that we can attract crowds to merit the full main stand being open. This never happened in any of our previous fixtures against Hearts, Hibs or Rangers in our stint in the top flight.

FTOF.

If people are complaining over a seat that could bring in £££ for the club can GTF.

Main stand is shit, sat there for the a Alloa game and was dire. One swear word and you would have thought I shat in everyone's cornflakes.

Cants!

3k is enough for any away support anyway. We've shown in our playoff games that we can attract crowds to merit the full main stand being open. This never happened in any of our previous fixtures against Hearts, Hibs or Rangers in our stint in the top flight.

FTOF.

Agree to a point, and I don't think for a minute that we'd give half the main stand to Rangers knowing that the walk up home support on the day would fill it out. But come on, if we're not using half the stand ourselves then I don't think it's unreasonable to ask a few hundred Falkirk fans to temporarily sit elsewhere to accommodate 1k+ away fans and thus generate a healthy amount of income.