The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Shadwell just likes to moan.

As far as I can make out, both McKinnon and M&M managed for 18 games each last season.

McKinnon: W 8 D 6 L 4

M&M W 10 D 6 L 2

There's a clear improvement there despite them inheriting a team and obviously having to get to know them and getting bedded in. One of the defeats was against Hearts in the cup, a game we definitely deserved to win too. 

I think that the guys that have re-signed will not all be starters. Dixon and Connolly probably will be as will one of Hall or Durnan. Telfer's probably the most gifted footballer in the squad and I can see him being excellent in training when the pressure's off but, like most others, I can't see why he's been re-signed because he didn't bring his best game on to the park very often. I'm wondering if M&M have a game plan in mind that they think will bring the best out of him?

As things stand we need a goalie, RB, CH, Midfield energy and a striker. With the exception of the goalie, who'll be back-up, if the other 4 are all starters then I don't think we'll be too far away.

I was wondering this myself and have 4231 in the back of my mind with Telfer playing in front of the 2. Not sure I could listen to the only 1 up front brigade if that was the plan!

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Probably met their chairman.

Probably realises hes a 1st Div striker knows he will be playing there for the next few seasons with Falkirk. Enjoy the seaside league. I'm thinking and hoping Airdrie win it next season.

23 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Shadwell just likes to moan.

As far as I can make out, both McKinnon and M&M managed for 18 games each last season.

McKinnon: W 8 D 6 L 4

M&M W 10 D 6 L 2

There's a clear improvement there despite them inheriting a team and obviously having to get to know them and getting bedded in. One of the defeats was against Hearts in the cup, a game we definitely deserved to win too. 

I think that the guys that have re-signed will not all be starters. Dixon and Connolly probably will be as will one of Hall or Durnan. Telfer's probably the most gifted footballer in the squad and I can see him being excellent in training when the pressure's off but, like most others, I can't see why he's been re-signed because he didn't bring his best game on to the park very often. I'm wondering if M&M have a game plan in mind that they think will bring the best out of him?

As things stand we need a goalie, RB, CH, Midfield energy and a striker. With the exception of the goalie, who'll be back-up, if the other 4 are all starters then I don't think we'll be too far away.

We badly need pace out wide too. 

7 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I was wondering this myself and have 4231 in the back of my mind with Telfer playing in front of the 2. Not sure I could listen to the only 1 up front brigade if that was the plan!

I'm hoping Lewis or one of the others on FTV ask them that question, not about where specific players will play, more the plan they have in their head. Like surely they've got a system they'd like to play and then will work to get players who fit that system.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Probably realises hes a 1st Div striker knows he will be playing there for the next few seasons with Falkirk. Enjoy the seaside league. I'm thinking and hoping Airdrie win it next season.

I don't think it will be too long until you lot are frequenting the seaside league's again. You are regulars down here after all!

5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I don't think it will be too long until you lot are frequenting the seaside league's again. You are regulars down here after all!

You enjoy watching a striker that scored 6 league goals last season. Outstanding signing.

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

You enjoy watching a striker that scored 6 league goals last season. Outstanding signing.

That the same 6 league goal striker who wasn't interested in joining your team? Sad state of affairs that.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'd be more worried about why he chose us diddies in League 1 over you lot of I was you! A few extra begging tins might just have won you the signing 🤔

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We definitely tried to sign Dowds but Falkirk stumped up more wages.

F£lkirk

1 minute ago, Morrisey222 said:

Some of the comments on here are laughable! Oh we signed dowds ahhh we are great! Can’t even beat raith over 31 games he’s no gonna win you the CL 

You posted that Eats Fife should sign Marc McNulty. Off ye pop.

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Morrisey222 said:

Some of the comments on here are laughable! Oh we signed dowds ahhh we are great! Can’t even beat raith over 31 games he’s no gonna win you the CL 

I shouldn't really do it but I can't help myself! Which of the comments are laughable? 

Feel free to fire some quotes up. 

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Morrisey222 said:

No John rankine The guy who used to play for dundee united

You would be better off with Darren Does.

Oh and John Rankine isn't a centre half.