The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Very enjoyable episode. With their reluctance to talk about Tait, I do wonder if a lot of fans were correct and Tait left Hamilton to come to us 

Cheers! 

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I do think the appointment of Houston and the cup final (along with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs being in the league) attracted back a lot of fans who had chucked it under Presley and Holt, and many of them have stayed since even through the dark times.

We only had 2500 Falkirk fans at the first home game of 11-12 and that number stayed very similar until Houston came in- just over 2000 for some matches and only 3600 for the 2014 play off against Hamilton.

We have not been close to those lows since, even though the product on the pitch has been far worse at times.

You are correct, the pressley era was truly the dullest in my lifetime, but that generally was scottish football lowest ebb in living memory. The malaise ran from top to bottom.

Scottish football in general has come on so far from then

And for the hibs semi in 15, we were in the south stand away from the main body across from us. It was shite.

49 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

You are correct, the pressley era was truly the dullest in my lifetime, but that generally was scottish football lowest ebb in living memory. The malaise ran from top to bottom.

Scottish football in general has come on so far from then

And for the hibs semi in 15, we were in the south stand away from the main body across from us. It was shite.

I see your Pressley and raise you John Lambie.

Utterly shafted us, with his pish anti-football. As a kid who went regularly this was my first experience of utter dross. Even Eamonn Bannan was better.

35 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I see your Pressley and raise you John Lambie.

Utterly shafted us, with his pish anti-football. As a kid who went regularly this was my first experience of utter dross. Even Eamonn Bannan was better.

Lol although technically my lifetime,  I wasnt old enough to remember him & his pish!  I didnt start following Falkirk till I was a bit older. Alex totten was my first manager

Tried buying a ST for the KM using the FSS option but I'm also looking to add two under 12's....couldn't for the life of me work it out on my phone so do I need to contact the club to sort out?

7 minutes ago, DennyYaBass said:

Tried buying a ST for the KM using the FSS option but I'm also looking to add two under 12's....couldn't for the life of me work it out on my phone so do I need to contact the club to sort out?

It’s one u12 per adult ticket but sure the club could sort it out. 

13 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Lol although technically my lifetime,  I wasnt old enough to remember him & his pish!  I didnt start following Falkirk till I was a bit older. Alex totten was my first manager

Season 2 Good Luck GIF by Outlander

6 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The great Wullie Cunningham was my first hero manager.

I would have been at games as a young Bairn with Willie Cunningham as the manager but I'm now to old to remember 🤣 

11 hours ago, Rocco said:

Very enjoyable episode. With their reluctance to talk about Tait, I do wonder if a lot of fans were correct and Tait left Hamilton to come to us 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/nick-montgomery-puts-18-hibs-32715377

Maybe we'll manage to get Dylan Tait signed up as a Falkirk player after all?

Hibs are prioritising experience over all else as Nick Montgomery revealed their summer transfer plans - which could see as many as EIGHTEEN players axed.

The Easter Road side currently have 18 players loaned out and their squad of players signed for next season is one of the biggest in the country. Among those returning for pre-season will be Dylan Tait (Falkirk), Dan MacKay (Livingston) and Nohan Kenneh (Shrewsbury), and many of them will be shown the door as the boss insists there is no room for passengers.

That's a helluva lot of players out on loan. Looks like that squad will be getting culled big time for next season. I'm surprised Hibs are giving Montgomery another chance after failing to make the top 6.

8 hours ago, DennyYaBass said:

I~ had a similar issue wouldnt let me do it. I've emailed Laura so will see if I hear back

1 minute ago, North West said:

Hiya.

Next season, just to confirm you will not be welcome at EEP, but, the pumping of you lot will be welcome. McGlynn is McPakes bitch mind.

See you then.

Trailer Park Boys Ray GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

16 minutes ago, North West said:

Hiya.

Next season, just to confirm you will not be welcome at EEP, but, the pumping of you lot will be welcome. McGlynn is McPakes bitch mind.

See you then.

I see the village idiot has returned. Now f**k off

32 minutes ago, BPM said:

I see the village idiot has returned. Now f**k off

The downside of the Championship, between that lot and Morten way more wallopers to contend with on here.

56 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The downside of the Championship, between that lot and Morten way more wallopers to contend with on here.

And Airdrie... 

Just bought a season ticket for the first time since the 2013/14 season. Unfortunately, life got in the way and football didn't seem to matter at that time. Having endured years of Pressley and Holt didn't help whet the appetite either.