The Falkirk FC Thread

21 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I do think the appointment of Houston and the cup final (along with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs being in the league) attracted back a lot of fans who had chucked it under Presley and Holt, and many of them have stayed since even through the dark times.

We only had 2500 Falkirk fans at the first home game of 11-12 and that number stayed very similar until Houston came in- just over 2000 for some matches and only 3600 for the 2014 play off against Hamilton.

We have not been close to those lows since, even though the product on the pitch has been far worse at times.

Is that around the time we started counting ST's in every attendance though?  Could account for some of the difference.  

15 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

You are correct, the pressley era was truly the dullest in my lifetime, but that generally was scottish football lowest ebb in living memory. The malaise ran from top to bottom.

Scottish football in general has come on so far from then

And for the hibs semi in 15, we were in the south stand away from the main body across from us. It was shite.

Surely it can't be possible that you found the Pressley era with Farid etc duller than say, McKinnon?  

just downloaded the new app, pretty sweet, season ticket on it as well, so dont need to scan and add to google wallet now.

Lambie for me has to be up there for the worst, took a very talented squad of players that Jefferies assembled and basically ruined it, the football was crap,. transfer dealings were awful, his post match interviews were baffling and more often than not left you hating the guy even more with each passing week. As for Gerry Collins he was just a p***k.

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Hearing that 750 season tickets have been sold already. That's bloody good going, if it's true.

3 from the Pancakes and that includes the additional monies. That and the 3 squares of the pitch and the FFS subscription and the heritage tops, training tops,  home and away strips, scarves, hats  etc and it's been a bloody expensive year to be a Bairn 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Surely it can't be possible that you found the Pressley era with Farid etc duller than say, McKinnon?  

The farid season was decent, the one after was a very hard watch even if we did pretty well if you look at it objectively.  make no bones about it, mckinnon wasn't much better. perhaps i've done a better job of getting that out my memory

14 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

3 from the Pancakes and that includes the additional monies. That and the 3 squares of the pitch and the FFS subscription and the heritage tops, training tops,  home and away strips, scarves, hats  etc and it's been a bloody expensive year to be a Bairn 🤣🤣🤣

Will be interesting to see how many have opted to pay the extra and if there is an uptake in FSS contributions either in numbers or increases as well.

I'm sure the club/FSS will put all the numbers out in due course. 

48 minutes ago, faedenny said:

just downloaded the new app, pretty sweet, season ticket on it as well, so dont need to scan and add to google wallet now.

Yeah, new App looks really good. It’s even got our hospitality tickets on it for Saturday. Club really is moving in the right direction now on every front.

Posted (edited)

I'm going out on a limb. I liked Pressley, he had a raw deal with the budget being smashed and the mess the club was in after Yogi took us down. I'm ignoring that Disco pants was between Yogi and Pressley as Eddie clearly did not want the role and we lost a great coach in the process. Also consider that Pressley had no management experience and did he really do such a bad job? (Limb about to be sawn in half I fear)

and to be clear, Paul Sheerin was way worse than Pressley  bit in terms of THE WORST and considering his experience it had got to be the pigeon man John Lambie. He'd make PSG look like the Shire in 2 weeks

Edited by ChrispPancake

6 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

I'm going out on a limb. I liked Pressley, he had a raw deal with the budget being smashed and the mess the club was in after Yogi took us down.

Yogi never took us down.