The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

A couple of guys who are great fans but disillusioned and gave up STs going on Saturday. Just need to get them redirected from golf, garden centres and wife’s. (not sure what’s the most dangerous 🙄)

I never renewed my ST the first season we went down in protest at the way the club was being run and it’s amazing how quickly you get out of the habit of going. 

21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I never renewed my ST the first season we went down in protest at the way the club was being run and it’s amazing how quickly you get out of the habit of going. 

21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I am only going to my 2nd game of the season on saturday,we are away most weekends but myself and my son are heading along.

I don't understand this point of view, unless I don't agree with someone running the club I can't see how I would give up just because we weren't winning.

That's what I call out in people I know supporting the Old Firm.

I understand when the team you love are looked on as an easy mark by part time teams like Montrose that fans will just stop going as the anger becomes too much. They still view themselves as supporters but did not like watching the sorry state we were in.

Edited by Bigbrbairn

33 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

I don't understand this point of view, unless I don't agree with someone running the club I can't see how I would give up just because we weren't winning.

That's what I call out in people I know supporting the Old Firm.

I wasn’t alone in my thoughts at that time and I know a lot of other Falkirk fans who have followed them home and away for years who didn’t renew after the relegation to try and force through change at boardroom level, I also know of people who sponsored the club that withdrew that support.

I wouldn’t stop going if the team were shite but at that stage I honestly feel if we hadn’t voiced our concern and showed we weren’t just accepting the atrocious way our club was being run then we might have still had that board and not be on the upward path with a forward thinking board and fan ownership that we have today.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

25 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I wasn’t alone in my thoughts at that time and I know a lot of other Falkirk fans who have followed them home and away for years who didn’t renew after the relegation to try and force through change at boardroom level, I also know of people who sponsored the club that withdrew that support.

I wouldn’t stop going if the team were shite but at that stage I honestly feel if we hadn’t voiced our concern and showed we weren’t just accepting the atrocious way our club was being run then we might have still had that board and not be on the upward path with a forward thinking board and fan ownership that we have today.

I totally get that, however the comment was chucking it because the display of last season from the previous poster.

This wasn't a changing the leaders at the top, it is a we didn't win.

They often say that a person or team often have to reach their rock bottom before they can start to climb back up. The embarrassment of that board meeting and our horrible form were our rock bottom. Now we appear to be in safe hands both on and off the park and the future is for the moment bright. Good times

4 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

I totally get that, however the comment was chucking it because the display of last season from the previous poster.

Yeah I wouldn’t chuck it if we were playing shite either, I would probably have done that 50 years ago and saved me a lot of pain through the years.

I think a lot of folk made comments after the Airdrie game but I think it was all heat of the moment and they are probably all eternally grateful we stuck with the management team now.

5 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

If your referring to my post, It wasn’t only the two results, accumulated shite for previous management, boards etc etc etc

22 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yeah I wouldn’t chuck it if we were playing shite either, I would probably have done that 50 years ago and saved me a lot of pain through the years.

I think a lot of folk made comments after the Airdrie game but I think it was all heat of the moment and they are probably all eternally grateful we stuck with the management team now.

After 60 years of a lot of ruined Saturday nights and frequent claims that i am finished watching that shit i still go back. I worked a lot of weekends but still got a season ticket when i could afford it. That is what being a fan is.. Big games at the Shire Park and still we go back.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Totally agree with above.

Only time I would have given up on the club would have been if we signed a certain striker from Clyde. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

After the abhorrent play off display(s) last season, must admit I was so close to chucking it. 

I felt exactly the same at the end of last season FWIW. Myself, my friend and our dads have sat in the same seats since the stadium opened and have been there through thick and thin. But the feeling I was left with at the end of last season was just being knackered with it all. All of us agreed it was the hardest renewal yet and if things didn't improve we'd probably give up. It just wasn't a fun way to spend a Saturday anymore. 

Obviously it's been outstanding this season. But after the Airdrie game I was just done in, I couldn't go through yet more turgid seasons filled with disappointment. Enough was enough. 

All I can say is that I'm so very glad that McGlynn and the lads have turned it all around. 

4 hours ago, GMBairn said:

With the season tickets on sale tomorrow do we know if it's better for the club from a tax point of view to pay the extra £60 or to increase the FSS payment.

It's probably been discussed on here already but I can't remember. 

Better for the club to increase FSS payment (by at least £5/mth) as £60 on the season ticket nets back to £50 exc VAT. Or go for the one-off donation.

I’ll admit to being in a blind rage at the Airdrie playoff but never gave a thought to not renewing my ST.

Only times I have not been a regular since my primary school days 50 odd years ago were a few seasons in the 90’s where I was involved at I.C.I Juvs then Dunipace Juniors and a spell of ill health which kept me away for a couple of seasons around 12 years ago.

My first game back after illness was an awful match against Morton but rarely have I enjoyed a game more, just being there was wonderful.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

When we got relegated I vowed I wouldn’t step inside TFS until there was meaningful change at the club. Appalling stewardship drove us to that point  and for the club to get on the front foot again I was 100% certain that had to happen. I  was at plenty games away from home but stuck to my guns and didn’t go to home games. We all got the change and look at the difference now. 
A couple of bad results would never stop me going. 

58 minutes ago, BPM said:

When we got relegated I vowed I wouldn’t step inside TFS until there was meaningful change at the club. Appalling stewardship drove us to that point  and for the club to get on the front foot again I was 100% certain that had to happen. I  was at plenty games away from home but stuck to my guns and didn’t go to home games. We all got the change and look at the difference now. 

I made the same vow - although I'll admit I caved in quite a few times. 

13 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

No they won’t, you pay VAT on your sales and claim it back on your purchases 

Sorry got myself mixed up there, thanks!

I can understand why folk would have stopped going a few years ago. It certainly wasn't fun going to the football and some of the shite on display actually made me start to believe I could have been a player in spite of my total lack of talent.

Hopefully this season has won a few back, I've just renewed my season ticket this morning and hopefully there will be many more new ones as well as renewals to go with it. 

5 hours ago, BPM said:

If we don’t become invincibles, I’ll never return to another game