The Falkirk FC Thread

On 29/04/2024 at 15:53, BPM said:

I was just about to post this. Looking at what you beat it certainly is not as strong as the league we have just won, saying that 92 points is terrific. 

IMG_7740.jpeg

I think it's difficult to be sure of that from just looking at a list of the teams. The Alloa team which finished second was much better than the current side, a point they emphasised by comfortably beating Dunfermline in the playoff final (winning the first leg three nil even with a missed penalty). They also went on to spend three years in the Championship, beating a very good Hamilton side twice.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Not sure why McInnes or Docherty should be considered any more than, say, Naismith or Robinson? Also, as much as it pains me to say it, if Sevco win the treble, then it would be hard to argue against Clement being on the short list.

If, however, a manager manages to have his team absolutely skoosh the league, while remaining unbeaten and beating teams from the league above (including said champions of that league) then the winner should be fairly obvious.

McGlynn 100% deserves to win it IMO.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That Queens team might have had a chance to go invincible but were undone in a midweek rearranged game on a clearly frozen pitch at Alloa when a daft penalty saw them win 1-0 in the 2nd quarter of the season. 

Dry yer eyes, m8. 😉🙂

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was. Kevin McAllisters was Tottens assistant but both were removed when the team were relegated. Then Airdrie went bust, McCall arrived and a new golden age for the club began. 

Tony Docherty was a community coach when Alex Totten was in charge. 

Did he not take that role over from Houston?

1 hour ago, printer said:

Did he not take that role over from Houston?

He may have been earlier in his career. When McCall arrived at Falkirk to take the managers role in 2002 Houston appears to have been assistant to Craig Levein at Hearts. A quick online check shows that he want to Hearts in 1995 along with Jefferies. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was. Kevin McAllisters was Tottens assistant but both were removed when the team were relegated. Then Airdrie went bust, McCall arrived and a new golden age for the club began. 

Was Chisholm not Ian McCall’s assistant? Think Tony Docherty had the same role under McCall as he did under Totten? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

18 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Docherty was on opengoal yesterday  and talked about his time with the club.

Remember seeing a really enthusing and heartfelt video message about the club and Alex Totten he sent for Tottens retirement thing in BTW. 

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Was Chisholm not McCalls assistant? Think Tony Docherty had the same role under McCall as he did under Totten? 

Chizzy was the assistant. Docherty was known as the chauffeur 

With the season tickets on sale tomorrow do we know if it's better for the club from a tax point of view to pay the extra £60 or to increase the FSS payment.

It's probably been discussed on here already but I can't remember. 

12 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

With the season tickets on sale tomorrow do we know if it's better for the club from a tax point of view to pay the extra £60 or to increase the FSS payment.

I’m not sure but I think it all goes the same way. I’m pretty sure FSS money will make up part of the playing budget for next season as would the extra £60 if you paid it.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m not sure but I think it all goes the same way. I’m pretty sure FSS money will make up part of the playing budget for next season as would the extra £60 if you paid it.

Do the club not pay VAT on season ticket sales? If so, FSS might be the best route for any additional funding. Happy to be corrected.

9 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

Do the club not pay VAT on season ticket sales? If so, FSS might be the best route for any additional funding. Happy to be corrected.

They might but wasn’t the idea of the extra £60 as going fully to the managers budget. Personally I prefer the FSS route and recently upped my monthly payment so I won’t be paying the extra £60 but each to their own.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

My memory from around that time was that Tom Elliott was the Community Coach?

14 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

The club won’t pay VAT. They will claim it back from the tax man. 

28 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They might but wasn’t the idea of the extra £60 as going fully to the managers budget. Personally I prefer the FSS route and recently upped my monthly payment so I won’t be paying the extra £60 but each to their own.

It horses for courses and every extra pound helps the club. Many fans I’ve no doubt will help with contributions to both the FSS & extra to the STs. Really hoping that there’s a decent uplift in the FSS as there’s a brilliant atmosphere around the club and players, and there’s no better time to get the message across to potential new fans that have attended the games since the start of the year. Must be doing something right as a few fans in the Glasgow Greaves store asking about limited tops etc earlier today. 

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It horses for courses and every extra pound helps the club. Many fans I’ve no doubt will help with contributions to both the FSS & extra to the STs. Really hoping that there’s a decent uplift in the FSS as there’s a brilliant atmosphere around the club and players, and there’s no better time to get the message across to potential new fans that have attended the games since the start of the year. Must be doing something right as a few fans in the Glasgow Greaves store asking about limited tops etc earlier today. 

I agree totally, doesn’t matter how the money is going in as long as it gets there. Would be great if we could improve the ST sales. If absent fans aren’t tempted to return after the superb season we’ve had and the feel good factor around the club then they never will.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

I don't actually know. The £60 might be seen as a voluntary donation and therefore wouldn't (?) be subject to VAT. 

FSS contributions are not subject to VAT and will also go towards the same pot as the £60 increase.

Echo what others have said. Purely in terms of getting money into the football budget it doesn't matter which avenue fans go down. Of course, there are other benefits to putting money in through the FSS (increased subscriptions given more weight to the group etc). 

OUT TOMORROW 🕒

🆕🎙️FALKIRK DAFT MEETS…THE MANAGEMENT 🧢

John & Ross met John & Paul tonight to discuss the AMAZING season we’ve all been a part of & building up to Saturdays final match where we hope to become INVINCIBLES as well as Champions🤞🏼

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9199.thumb.jpeg.44ed80e2af8ef93ad24f601126007c07.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree totally, doesn’t matter how the money is going in as long as it gets there. Would be great if we could improve the ST sales. If absent fans aren’t tempted to return after the superb season we’ve had and the feel good factor around the club then they never will.

A couple of guys who are great fans but disillusioned and gave up STs going on Saturday. Just need to get them redirected from golf, garden centres and wife’s. (not sure what’s the most dangerous 🙄)