The Falkirk FC Thread

Saturday will be a memorable occasion whatever the result and a season that will be remembered for a long time.

Fans attending will record bits of the game and each from a unique seat and view. We have all seen little snippets fans have posted during the season all the better for it catching the moments.

The club should open an archive where fans can lodge their own bit of history cross-referred to the seat number for posterity. Attached to Falkirk TV's recording.

Thoughts?

Posted (edited)

Said it before but only season I didn’t renew was the Sheerin/Holt/Deans shitshow as by then I’d had enough of the inept leadership, terrible appointments and arrogance emanating from the club at that point. As soon as Deans, the rest of the board and Holt got booted, I went back.

It was terrible, but I did feel somewhat vindicated in my decision at the time, especially around the time of *that* Q&A. Genuinely thought going bust was a possibility at that point given the way we were headed. What an effort to turn it around by everyone involved.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

I'll be buzzing to try and get through the 90 unbeaten but I do think ultimately, with the league over weeks ago, first and foremost I just feel like Saturday will be my own wee chance to stand in the stadium, reflect on a frankly, magnificent season and inwardly say thankyou to all involved for giving us this season, on the back of what must have been a near self inflicted aneurysm at HT in Airdrie. 

I say inwardly, but I drunkenly told Callumn Morrison he has given the town its pride back, so maybe i'll be a bit loud.....

2 hours ago, GMBairn said:

I can understand why folk would have stopped going a few years ago. It certainly wasn't fun going to the football and some of the shite on display actually made me start to believe I could have been a player in spite of my total lack of talent.

Hopefully this season has won a few back, I've just renewed my season ticket this morning and hopefully there will be many more new ones as well as renewals to go with it. 

I can't get to all home (and away) games due to other commitments so have been paying at the gate when I can go. Despite this continuing to be the case I bought 2 season tickets this morning so that JM has my cash for the close season war chest. 

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I can't get to all home (and away) games due to other commitments so have been paying at the gate when I can go. Despite this continuing to be the case I bought 2 season tickets this morning so that JM has my cash for the close season war chest. 

Well done buddy!

Me and my mate were the only 2 of our wider circle of friends who went to the semi final in 2015.  Up until we scored it had been an absolutely dire affair, my mate ( who's had a season ticket since he was about 5) turned to me halfway through the second half at 0-0 and said " I honestly don't think I can pay money to watch this shite any longer"    even after we'd won there wasn't a whole lot of buzz around Hampden as it looked like we'd just be turning up to get pumped in the final. It was only the following day when Inverness beat Celtic,  that cup final fever really hit and we had a bus load of folk going, some of which were going to their first ever football match.

anyway,  it's a funny old game football

11 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Me and my mate were the only 2 of our wider circle of friends who went to the semi final in 2015.  Up until we scored it had been an absolutely dire affair, my mate ( who's had a season ticket since he was about 5) turned to me halfway through the second half at 0-0 and said " I honestly don't think I can pay money to watch this shite any longer"    even after we'd won there wasn't a whole lot of buzz around Hampden as it looked like we'd just be turning up to get pumped in the final. It was only the following day when Inverness beat Celtic,  that cup final fever really hit and we had a bus load of folk going, some of which were going to their first ever football match.

Eh? Beating Hibs at Hampden with Alston crossing to Sibbs will forever be one of my all time Falkirk memories. A lack of buzz I didn’t notice!!

Bought my first ST for myself and my son online about an hour ago for the KM stand. My missus was in the club shop with her dad who prefers doing everything in person and paying cash, apparently 800 people had bought ST'S online this morning and 100 odd in person in the shop. The figures were quoted as being for the KM stand only but I reckon at least some of those would be main stand. 

Still 900+ sold on the first day is damn good going

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

54 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Eh? Beating Hibs at Hampden with Alston crossing to Sibbs will forever be one of my all time Falkirk memories. A lack of buzz I didn’t notice!!

To be fair, the game was absolutely dire and it seemed like a matter of time before Hibs scored. I watched it at home but was running round the living room like a kid on blue smarties when Sibbs scored 

58 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Same. It was chaos where I was sitting. Few better things in football than a good smash and grab when you're the underdog.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I do think the appointment of Houston and the cup final (along with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs being in the league) attracted back a lot of fans who had chucked it under Presley and Holt, and many of them have stayed since even through the dark times.

We only had 2500 Falkirk fans at the first home game of 11-12 and that number stayed very similar until Houston came in- just over 2000 for some matches and only 3600 for the 2014 play off against Hamilton.

We have not been close to those lows since, even though the product on the pitch has been far worse at times.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I do think the appointment of Houston and the cup final (along with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs being in the league) attracted back a lot of fans who had chucked it under Presley and Holt, and many of them have stayed since even through the dark times.

We only had 2500 Falkirk fans at the first home game of 11-12 and that number stayed very similar until Houston came in- just over 2000 for some matches and only 3600 for the 2014 play off against Hamilton.

We have not been close to those lows since, even though the product on the pitch has been far worse at times.

Night and day in terms of engagement with the fans and wider community. Be it harsh lessons learned or a change in Club leadership, or a combination (and a fair share of pain along the way) - we’re finally back on track. Long may it continue. 

🆕🎙️FALKIRK DAFT MEETS…THE MANAGEMENT 23/24 🧢

John & Ross met John & Paul to discuss the AMAZING season we’ve all been a part of & building up to Saturdays final match where we hope to become INVINCIBLES as well as Champions🤞🏼

OUT NOW!👇🏼

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9199.thumb.jpeg.17a7ea03a2bb80909a6845c0097b50b0.jpeg

28 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

🆕🎙️FALKIRK DAFT MEETS…THE MANAGEMENT 23/24 🧢

John & Ross met John & Paul to discuss the AMAZING season we’ve all been a part of & building up to Saturdays final match where we hope to become INVINCIBLES as well as Champions🤞🏼

OUT NOW!👇🏼

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9199.thumb.jpeg.17a7ea03a2bb80909a6845c0097b50b0.jpeg

Brilliant to chat to both of them again & if I wasn’t already buzzing for Saturday, I was after it. Let’s do this Fawkirk 💪🏼

15 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Brilliant to chat to both of them again & if I wasn’t already buzzing for Saturday, I was after it. Let’s do this Fawkirk 💪🏼

Very enjoyable episode. With their reluctance to talk about Tait, I do wonder if a lot of fans were correct and Tait left Hamilton to come to us 

54 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That’s mine, the Wife’s and Granddaughter ST’s bought. Cannot wait for transfer rumours, new strips, fixture list etc etc 

And GTF day on here