The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Latapy is god said:

Has anyone selected the £60 top up option on their season ticket purchase?

Of course.. and all true fans will.  If you buy early bird - it’s no skin off your nose.

more importantly…

I would like to think that the FSS is looking to sponsor the home kit (at least) for our 150 anniversary shirt and leave it blank -except for certain games where charities like Strathcarron are represented on the shirt.

We simply cannot have our 150th strip messed up with a sponsor, (unless Ineos or someone else offer funny money)

I know most of our fans are real tightwads or losers who will  happily buy a load of pints in the boozer but will refuse to pay tenner a month to fund the club and realistically make their beer taste a lot better on Saturday night.

….but even these people must realise the importance of our 150th anniversary and pay accordingly to make up a deficit. 

Edited by Blane Fonda

39 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

I know most of our fans are real tightwads or losers who will  happily buy a load of pints in the boozer but will refuse to pay tenner a month to fund the club and realistically make their beer taste a lot better on Saturday night.

Pretty sweeping statement. How many fans would you say you have personal knowledge of their financial situation? You say "most of our fans" so it must be a significant number. 3000? More?. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blane Fonda said:

Of course.. and all true fans will.  If you buy early bird - it’s no skin off your nose.

more importantly…

I would like to think that the FSS is looking to sponsor the home kit (at least) for our 150 anniversary shirt and leave it blank -except for certain games where charities like Strathcarron are represented on the shirt.

We simply cannot have our 150th strip messed up with a sponsor, (unless Ineos or someone else offer funny money)

….but even these people must realise the importance of our 150th anniversary and pay accordingly to make up a deficit. 

FTFY

Of course… and wouldn’t it be great if as many fans as possible also ignored the early bird offer and paid the full price?

more importantly…

I would hope that the FSS is looking to sponsor the home kit (at least) for our 150 anniversary shirt and leave it blank -except for certain games where charities like Strathcarron are represented on the shirt. 

Wouldn’t it be nice to have our 150th anniversary strip clear of a sponsor, it would be a fantastic collectors’ item, quite unique in this day and age! (unless Ineos or someone else make us an offer we cannot refuse)

I know many of our fans are really struggling financially at the moment, I hope that their situations improve to allow them to help the club as much as possible by purchasing extra club merchandise and subscribing to the FSS.

I am sure that everybody realizes the importance of the next couple of years and will do  everything possible to make it a success! 

COYB!

Seeing quotes, Inspirational quotes ...image.jpeg.f9783e9a424295fed565edc1f9b6d465.jpegimage.jpeg.55be8e1274a214d1fcd432b10c01fb13.jpeg

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Posted (edited)

Re Season Ticket Renewals.

Early Bird Price  v Retaining Your Own Seat. ?

To me Retaining the seat I like is more important than the Early Bird Price and I’ve also no issue paying Full Price

However you cannot pay Full Price until the Early Bird Price has finished by which time your preferred seat has become available to anyone that wishes to buy it.

Can understand why you can’t just pay Full Price from the beginning of the Sale Period.

Had to buy at Early Bird with Managers £60 then add another £20 donation. It’s a bit over complicated. 

The club have been quite smart in how the purchase price is presented inclusive of the £60 for the managers fund,and you need to opt out / change the pricing structure if you don’t wish to contribute to that. 

I know a couple of fans who paid the £60 but didn’t realise they had done so.

Edited by NUMBER 7

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

more importantly…

Have you ever thought that the initial outlay for season tickets is maybe all some fans can afford, are they not true fans.

I would say someone with very little spare cash is as much of a fan if they use it to buy an ST, than someone with wads of cash who stumps up an extra £60. I suppose it’s all down to how you view individuals financial situations.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Have you ever thought that the initial outlay for season tickets is maybe all some fans can afford, are they not true fans.

I would say someone with very little spare cash is more of a fan if they use it to buy an ST, than someone with wads of cash who stumps up an extra £60. I suppose it’s all down to how you view individuals financial situations.

image.png.d5c350cba9a135604ff8cfc8bf7ef3d2.png

From each according to ability...

This topic about paying the full price early has been brought up a few times. The additional £60 players fund - maybe the club are counting on as many fans who take up the early option, can also pay the players funding at this opportunity. Hoping that the FSS also see a good uptake following the brilliant season.

21 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Is this a warning that I should stop doing that act in my car?

Only if you’re parked on double yellows. Otherwise fill yer boots/palms. 

9 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Disagree with this. FSS money goes into the club either way, as a direct donation as now or as a share purchase when that’s available. Diverting funds would then reduce overall income to the club. Double whammy as I expect the club also pays some kind of tax on sponsorship income. 

I wouldn’t be so precious about this. If anything, 150 will be an opportunity to bring in more income. 

10 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

more importantly…

Awful post.

I think they’re looking for bites, so I won’t quote them directly, but the “I’m a bigger fan than you because I have more disposable income” is tiresome and stupid.

Anyone who puts any amount of money that they can afford into the club is a Falkirk fan in my eyes. End of discussion.

That was a sickening read. Won't comment much more as others have covered the main points but unbelievable there are still fans that seem to think that way. We just had 7000 fans at our last game of the season. At least 4000 of them don't have season tickets, but somehow they are less important 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think one thing we can all agree on is that the 150 year kit MUST have red shoulders

Red shoulders should be a permanent design every year. Call it superstition but it looks better too. 

There’s some real nonsense on here regards tickets. Fans won’t be bullied into spending money they don’t have. Let individuals decide for themselves what is appropriate to their budget. What you pay makes no difference to the passion we all have for the club. We all want the same success. 

Is anyone here an experienced fact checker? And a good speller? It requires OCD ideally and a good knowledge of Scottish football. And knowing that Nisbet is spelt Nesbitt. Sorry it’s unpaid but this is for the club’s benefit. Get in touch