The get fit, stay fit thread

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

http://www.musclefood.com is an excellent provider of quality meat at less than 5% fat and protein rich.

Alternatively stock up on Lean turkey and have that, tuna on brown bread sandwiches etc.

I joined that slimming world in october just for a bit of motivation for my father in law and it turns out i actually enjoy it.

Im down from 17stone to 15st 1lbs but at 6'4 i don't look massively overweight, and im back into my 34" waist Levis which is a bonus. F*cked it this week though, pub last night with a mate who's going through a bit of a rough patch and ended up grabbing a south Indian chicken calzone and chips on the way home!

I'm also 6'4", and when I weighed myself last night I was 14st 8lb (93.5kg in new money), the heaviest I've ever been.  I still look too skinny though.

I'm also 6'4", and when I weighed myself last night I was 14st 8lb (93.5kg in new money), the heaviest I've ever been.  I still look too skinny though.

14 stone is my target, had my weigh in class tonight and scored 4.5 lbs off this week so was chuffed with that.
I was looking at photographs the other day of me playing bowls at Northfield in Ayr from 2013 and I was 13 stone in them!!

14 stone is my target, had my weigh in class tonight and scored 4.5 lbs off this week so was chuffed with that.
I was looking at photographs the other day of me playing bowls at Northfield in Ayr from 2013 and I was 13 stone in them!!

How did your weigh in go?

How did your weigh in go?

4.5 lbs off this week, bit of a shock but i had been very strict the rest of The week. Meals all planned for the next week and a half as well so very focussed!!!

As a side note, there was a guy there last night who joined the week before, his loss...... 15.5 lbs in 1 week. That's pretty incredible.

What is your target weight?
I don't actually have a target at this point. Adjusting my diet and trying to walk to work when the weather's nice enough. I've tried this stuff before and inevitably just given up so that's why it's still a bit early for me to set up any goals. But I've done alright so far and happy to keep it the way it is just now. I'm going to try and get some more exercise though.

4.5 lbs off this week, bit of a shock but i had been very strict the rest of The week. Meals all planned for the next week and a half as well so very focussed!!!

As a side note, there was a guy there last night who joined the week before, his loss...... 15.5 lbs in 1 week. That's pretty incredible.

Sounds unhealthy.

Congrats to you tho mate. Keep it up

Some of the 30+ stone contestants on those Fit club tv shows used to have some incredible numbers in their first few weeks.

I've never met anyone whose lost weight on Weightwatchers and managed to keep it off long term. It's basic calorie deficit tactics but the whole science behind it means as soon as you stop you'll just pile it back on worse. Plus having to listen to c***s dribbling on about "syns" is fucking mind numbing.

13 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself regularly unless you're competing for something that requires it.

What if you're competing for weight loss?   

31 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Anyone know any apps or playlists for spin classes that have both music and voice instructions so that I can do it myself when there aren't any classes on?

Xercise4less (think there's one in Renfrew) have a spin room with a big screen, instructor voice running the whole time. Never used it myself but there's always folk in there pedalling away.