The get fit, stay fit thread

Thinking about doing some classes at the gym - Metafit and Insanity look like they'd be most worthwhile. Anyone got any experience with these? Joined the gym recently but I've got absolutely no clue what I'm doing :lol:.

Ask someone who works in the gym, pretty sure they will be more than willing to help you.

Thinking about doing some classes at the gym - Metafit and Insanity look like they'd be most worthwhile. Anyone got any experience with these? Joined the gym recently but I've got absolutely no clue what I'm doing :lol:.

Metafit is brutal. The actual exercise part only lasts about 20 mins but you'll be sweating buckets and your limbs will be shaking like mad. It's a fine class to go to if you're stretched for time.

Metafit is brutal. The actual exercise part only lasts about 20 mins but you'll be sweating buckets and your limbs will be shaking like mad. It's a fine class to go to if you're stretched for time.

I have done metafit once and the only thing tougher is running intervals.

I'm quite fit, 6ft 1, 13.5 stone, quite healthy, jog twice a week, play football twice a week and go for a cycle maybe once or twice a week, go to the gym when I'm offshore.

I have never experienced anything like metafit, my legs were shaking, sweat pouring out me, could hardly sleep at night, woke up the next day and could hardly get down the stairs, never mind sitting on the toilet.

Ive done insanity over and over, it's fucking incredible the difference it makes to your body. There's nothing like high intensity interval training to lose weight and give you muscle.

I'd definitely recommend insanity.

^^Shaun T

Ive done insanity over and over, it's fucking incredible the difference it makes to your body. There's nothing like high intensity interval training to lose weight and give you muscle.

I'd definitely recommend insanity.

^^^ got himself a t-shirt

Insanity is another in a long line of shit diet and exercise fads. Get down the fruit and veg aisle, go for a cycle or a run, and lift some fucking iron, bro.

Don't really like the HIIT stuff as it just leaves me banged up and over-trained. Great for building endurance in the short-term though.

Prefer long steady exercise that I can do day in day out.

Edited by JogaBonito

Insanity is another in a long line of shit diet and exercise fads. Get down the fruit and veg aisle, go for a cycle or a run, and lift some fucking iron, bro.

I've done the whole weight loss thing before (lost just under 5 stone between July 2012 and July 2013), so I know what's required if I want to lose weight. Despite losing the weight though I was never very fit so that's really the main purpose. That said, I've put back on about a stone and a half of what I lost so it would be nice to lose that again!

The classes are included in my gym membership so won't cost any extra, was just wondering if they're worth it.

Changed my CV this week from long steady 45 mins bike ride to more intense HIIT type fast/rest type for half the time.

Think it's where I've been going wrong. When I went to the gym in my twenties I really built up a sweat before hitting the weights, seems to work better for me? Early stages yet but hoping it will help. Was finding training was taking two hours or more and this speeds everything up. Did the weights routine in over an hour instead of an hour thirty.

Lighter and warmer nights help so much more mentally also.

I don't do the diet I just do the exercise, I find it harder than going on a treadmill/cross trainer/bike etc at the gym, harder than 5s, harder than running and cycling, football training etc. My fitness has improved a massive amount with it.

It's good to have the different workouts to do each day, also you know you're always doing atleast an hour of exercise a day, not fannying about inbetween machines etc. Can do it at home in the garage too don't have to go anywhere.

The only thing I find harder is a pre season and they only come around once a year and are only 3 days a week. I'm dripping with sweat by the end of a video, especially the 2nd month ones. I don't use it as a fad, I've used it pretty solidly since I got it 18 month ago.

Eta I also got it for free. I wouldn't pay however much it costs to do it.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Got a 21st tonight, any value in sticking to the vodka and lemonades etc or am I as well just sinking pints?

I think so. A 35cl of vodka is about 700 calories I'm sure. Diet juice aswell also equals zero calories. One pint is probably about 200-300. Edited by 1320Lichtie

I think so. A 35cl of vodka is about 700 calories I'm sure. Diet juice aswell also equals zero calories. One pint is probably about 200-300.

Jeesus. On a usual night out where we're predrinking at the flat I'd probably have about 50cl before I leave the flat and then get on the jagerbombs and tequila shots later in the night. No wonder I've gained several stone since I came to uni.