The get fit, stay fit thread

I think so. A 35cl of vodka is about 700 calories I'm sure. Diet juice aswell also equals zero calories. One pint is probably about 200-300.

I am almost certain this is absolute horseshit. If you want to watch your figure and drink then vodka, soda and lime is best.

More quality advice from Aufc. :lol:

Firstly, why are you so upset?

Secondly, whilst yer mans facts were actually correct (i thought he was talking about a single nip hence my shocked reply), recommending a pint as a healthier alternative is probably incorrect. You cant compare a 35cl bottle to one pint. A pint is about 200 calories and a vodka and diet coke is about 50 calories. Do you disagree with this?

I don't think there is a particularly healthy way to drink. Aye, some drinks maybe worse than others, but you're still just consuming fatty empty calories. If going to binge you're going to need to forget about the guilt and then hit the heavy cardio once you've recovered.

Definitely, if you're out with you're mates in the pub accept the diet's going to pot for a while and make up for it later in the week if you feel you have to.

Yep agree with this. As long as you're strict during the week, diet and exercise wise then the results will keep coming.

I don't think there is a particularly healthy way to drink. Aye, some drinks maybe worse than others, but you're still just consuming fatty empty calories. If going to binge you're going to need to forget about the guilt and then hit the heavy cardio once you've recovered.

Well exactly.

I get you saying it's not worth it but 105kg realistically isn't that much, a 'strong' person is someone who can squat 1.5x their bodyweight, say the bodybuilders. Meaning I still have a solid 20 kg to go. I'll see.

I wanted to make a real start to a proper cardio based fitness thing two week ago but I've been terrible, I'm on my holidays and have just given up! Definitely going to start tomorrow as I go back to work on Monday and I find it so much easier to stick to a routine when I'm in a work routine too.

I get you saying it's not worth it but 105kg realistically isn't that much, a 'strong' person is someone who can squat 1.5x their bodyweight, say the bodybuilders. Meaning I still have a solid 20 kg to go. I'll see.

If you're going thighs parallel to ground and getting reps out of 105kg that's pretty good imo. Don't think about what a strong person should lift everyone's different and most people don't even bother doing it.