Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

On 22/08/2022 at 09:48, honestly united said:

Question for anyone thats read the comics, but is the Constantine in Sandman suppose to be the same one from the DC comics (that had his own series and appears occasionally in the arrow-verse) just changed sex?

I've not read them but appears to be the same character, just now a woman.

On 22/08/2022 at 10:26, Mark Connolly said:

John Constantine was descended from Lady Johanna Constantine, and they are both characters in Sandman.

They have changed the John character for the series, with Jenna Coleman playing both

They seem to have made a conscious choice to separate Sandman from the mainstream DC universe

Which means that they can ignore Keanu Reeves performance in Constantine (2005)

That's probably a good thing

That's Thor:Love and Thunder on Disney+ today, a whole two months after it came out in the cinema. Cineworld in Glasgow are actually still showing it twice a day.

It seems a ridiculously short period of time that films are now on the big screen before you can watch them on your own telly

20 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's Thor:Love and Thunder on Disney+ today, a whole two months after it came out in the cinema. Cineworld in Glasgow are actually still showing it twice a day.

It seems a ridiculously short period of time that films are now on the big screen before you can watch them on your own telly

I was going to go to the cinema to see it a couple of weeks back, we would have usually gone as soon as it came out but were on holiday then other stuff came up, but when I heard it was going to be on Disney plus we didnt bother and saved 40 odd pounds.

It seems all the disney movies are getting a put on Disney plus in 40-60 days after their release - Dr Strange, Lightyear etc have all been the same

22 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I fucking love Korg.

Up there with Phil Coulson as my favourite MCU character

Thought they would have reintroduced Coulson to the movies at some point, but after looking him up he's apparently dead (again). Lost interest in Agents of Shield long ago so missed loads of it.

But Korg remains the (rock) man. He's the absolute best. Hope he'll back at some point (next Avengers film?). 

• 4 weeks later...

I loved the She-Hulk finale 4th wall schtick. It's very much Marvel disappearing up their own arse but Tatiana Maslany manages to keep it fun rather than insufferable smug.

What I would say though is that it's all very good and well for Marvel to acknowledge and take the piss here about how their films/TV shows all end in a CGI fuelled fistfights or light shows. But the joke rings a little hollow when we all know that's realistically not going to change in future products and this finale is very much an exception that proves the rule.

Edited by captainkev