Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

6 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Definitely enjoyed episode 2 a lot. Walker was quite a bit more sympathetic than I expected, but the arrogance begins to sneak through more and more as the episode goes on.

This version reminds me a bit of Homelander from The Boys, and I'm all in favour of that.

The fight on the trucks had so much potential, but then again if the story required them to get a kicking then that was probably the best way to do it lol

Quite interesting about the super soliders from the past, especially since its never been mentioned at all, would have thought fury would have mentioned in in the winter soldier film

Enjoyed this morning's Falcon and Winter Soldier. More story building than action again, but what a build. Already can't wait to see Bucky kick f**k out of Walker.
Also a nice wee interaction between Sam and a kid over his superhero name.
Same page here. He is entitled white guy personified, right down to the black sidekick.

Who is Power Broker, when did they get a mention? Lots to learn more about in this episode

Loving my Friday nights with the MCU

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

The fight on the trucks had so much potential, but then again if the story required them to get a kicking then that was probably the best way to do it lol

Quite interesting about the super soliders from the past, especially since its never been mentioned at all, would have thought fury would have mentioned in in the winter soldier film

It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets, because nobody knows them all.

13 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Not exactly something Shield & its predecessor are likely to talk much about. It looks like he was tucked away in prison by the HYDRA infiltrated side of Shield to be experimented on. 

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not exactly something Shield & its predecessor are likely to talk much about. It looks like he was tucked away in prison by the HYDRA infiltrated side of Shield to be experimented on. 

Surely fury would have known about him pre hydra stuffing him away given he was sent in to capture or kill the winter soldier

In Winter Soldier, they barely even knew anything about Bucky, other than he was a super soldier and hired assassin. Knowledge on him seemed to be very limited. They only found out there were more in Civil War. So it stands to reason that some could slip under the radar.

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Surely fury would have known about him pre hydra stuffing him away given he was sent in to capture or kill the winter soldier

Fury only read files, the likes of Zola did the bookkeeping. Part of the Winter Soldier film is all about Hydra rewriting history for their own ends and doing it from within Shield.

20 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Fury only read files, the likes of Zola did the bookkeeping. Part of the Winter Soldier film is all about Hydra rewriting history for their own ends and doing it from within Shield.

I'll need to watch fridays episode again, im sure the guy said it was the government essentially that sent him in, and with fury founding shield with howard stark before hydra infiltrated it, i would assume he knew about it, especially as it was made out that the americans made more of the super soldiers too

Edited by 54_and_counting

16 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

I'll need to watch fridays episode again, im sure the guy said it was the government essentially that sent him in, and with fury founding shield with howard stark before hydra infiltrated it, i would assume he knew about it, especially as it was made out that the americans made more of the super soldiers too

Fury didn't found Shield, at least not in the MCU. Don't know about the comics. It was the SSR for a little while after WW2 going by the Agent Carter series and Peggy with others founded it as Shield sometime in the 50s.

Isiah Bradley was chasing down the Winter Soldier during the Korean War, only to spend 30 years in jail being experimented on by Hydra. That'd mean he didn't get out until sometime in the 80s. As Fury was still  just an agent during the 90s there's plenty of time for Hydra to erase the paper trail of another Super Soldier programme post-Steve Rogers. Especially as it would be in their interest to do so.

21 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Fury didn't found Shield, at least not in the MCU. Don't know about the comics. It was the SSR for a little while after WW2 going by the Agent Carter series and Peggy with others founded it as Shield sometime in the 50s.

Isiah Bradley was chasing down the Winter Soldier during the Korean War, only to spend 30 years in jail being experimented on by Hydra. That'd mean he didn't get out until sometime in the 80s. As Fury was still  just an agent during the 90s there's plenty of time for Hydra to erase the paper trail of another Super Soldier programme post-Steve Rogers. Especially as it would be in their interest to do so.

I was sure fury said in an earlier iron man that him and howard started it, must be mixing it up, ah well, the super soldier stuff has plenty potential, wonder if thats how we'll see a comeback for evans at some point, super soldier serum that turns back his body clock or some shit like that,