Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Banterman I read the Old Man Logan synopsis on Wiki, sounds like there'd be far too much going on to make that work as a movie. It would have to be trimmed down considerably I think.

Not really. You could maybe make it a two parter. I think it'd work as a three hour feature though. If they did do it, I'd be interested to see where they put the big twist, flashback. I can't remember exactly where it featured in the comics(I know it wasn't at the start) but it I'd wonder how they'd fit it in.

chhers man, this looks good. any freebies to suggest?

Walking Dead #1 if you haven't read it

Invicible #1

52 #1

Hellboy Vol. 1 #1

Wanted #1

Those are the ones I have, I haven't had a look through the others yet. They have a lot of the compiled ones as well.

Walking Dead #1 if you haven't read it

Invicible #1

52 #1

Hellboy Vol. 1 #1

Wanted #1

Those are the ones I have, I haven't had a look through the others yet. They have a lot of the compiled ones as well.

Thanks a lot for this too. I'll admit i've not read a lot of comics in my life (probably less than 10) and this is a good way for me to read some good stuff. Thought about a few graphic novels before but never get around to getting any.

Invincible is the fucking tits, i read the first four or five graphic novels. great stuff

i'm way over on downloads for this month though dry.gif

I've read the first few issues but I'm waiting until I can afford to get the books. I think I must have read the first issue like 10 times because it's always just kicking about :lol:

I haven't read anything from the Bendis era yet so I can't really comment on that.

I think Daredevil would be pretty hard to do well because there's a good chance it's going to come across as really cheesy, something the Ben Affleck one really really lsuffered from.

I like Mark Millar's stuff for the best part but I hope no one ever tries to do the Civil War arc as a film. That would be a complete cheese fest I'd imagine. I generally dislike superhero films unless they're really good so I probably wouldn't want want of them. Incognito by Ed Brubaker is one that I would love to see done in a similar style to Sin City.

Does anyone have a subscription to Marvel's online comics? $9.99 a month if you pay monthly or $54.99 a year, roughly $4.99 a month. Apparently it has over 10'000 comics with more getting added everyday. I might look into it.

Don't have a subscription but I'm told that using the code "3MILL2012" gets you a 30% discount on the price, so only about £27 for the year. I'm pretty tempted.

I'm underwhelmed for The Avengers. Probably because TDKR is out this year, probably because I think Chris Evans isn't a good actor and probably because Jeremy Renner is yet to impress me (although I have yet to see The Town).

Scarlett Johansson = Win

Cobie Smulders = Win

Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark = Win

The film = Meh

I'm underwhelmed for The Avengers. Probably because TDKR is out this year, probably because I think Chris Evans isn't a good actor and probably because Jeremy Renner is yet to impress me (although I have yet to see The Town).

Scarlett Johansson = Win

Cobie Smulders = Win

Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark = Win

The film = Meh

This trailer has done nothing new for me, but I'm still stoked as f**k, except from that big thing at the end, that looks fucking awesome. TBH, I'm not gonna be any more excited until there's a trailer with the army that Loki's bringing, if they decide to show that.

Your lack of Samuel L Jackson is sickening.

I still can't get over them having the Hulk more controlled. I can understand the saving Iron Man thing, but not him standing in formation like that for that spinning shot of the Avengers, that fucking bugs me.

I don't mind it being called Avengers Assemble, but the Marvel bit sounds stupid(even for the Marvel Avengers like it's being called, as per that article). It's like when films are [the director]'s [film title]. It's just stupid and wanky.

I presume it might have something to do with The british Tv show turned awful movie The Avengers

Yeah it totally will be, although it's known in the US(I've spoken to Yanks about it), The Avengers comics are much more known over there than here.