House

Gaz

I liked it, but it was far from the best episode they've done.

The fact he "died" 20 minutes before the episode was due to end made it fairly obvious he wasn't actually dead and that he was going to take advantage of the situation. Quite how he managed to survive a flaming beam landing on him and an explosion when he's barely got any leg muscle and had just fallen through a floor is beyond me, but maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact he "died" 20 minutes before the episode was due to end made it fairly obvious he wasn't actually dead and that he was going to take advantage of the situation. Quite how he managed to survive a flaming beam landing on him and an explosion when he's barely got any leg muscle and had just fallen through a floor is beyond me, but maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I thought the last episode was weak when you consider what high standards had been set before, I guessed they would do a sherlock-esque faking death ending from the moment he flooded the place, but I was quite happy about it as I like the nods to Holmes and it was nice to have one last one in there I just felt they could have done it a bit better. The time shifts and hallucinations have been done before, many times, and it just didn't seem new or big enough for the ending of a great show.

Season Eight was great so many good stories but they had the perfect way to bow out and that was the end of season Seven, That to me would have been the most fitting end to a top show House fucks up again, worse than ever, burns his bridges with everyone he cares about is on the run, final scene him on the beach. Perfect.

Oh and thats a great shout about the final case being Lupus, I think they missed a trick there.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the last episode was weak when you consider what high standards had been set before, I guessed they would do a sherlock-esque faking death ending from the moment he flooded the place, but I was quite happy about it as I like the nods to Holmes and it was nice to have one last one in there I just felt they could have done it a bit better. The time shifts and hallucinations have been done before, many times, and it just didn't seem new or big enough for the ending of a great show.

Season Eight was great so many good stories but they had the perfect way to bow out and that was the end of season Seven, That to me would have been the most fitting end to a top show House fucks up again, worse than ever, burns his bridges with everyone he cares about is on the run, final scene him on the beach. Perfect.

Oh and thats a great shout about the final case being Lupus, I think they missed a trick there.

I agree with both of these posts and whilst it was not the best episode they have ever made the final one was pretty decent. I actually thought the second last one was better.

It would have been very difficult to make the last episode the best one - the 'Swan Song' episode I really didn't enjoy that much.

Have started watching Series 1 again on Sky Atlantic and would recommend anyone who has never watched the show to do the same, other than Eastenders it is by far the best thing on TV for a long time.

Just working my way through House on Sky Atlantic right now and I'm enjoying it. I'm not enjoying the change in the opening credits music from season 1 to season 2 however.

I think from Season 2 onwards the opening credits music will stay the same so get used to it!:P

No, it changes a few times throughout the total run. I've never actually found out why though!

Thank god. I liked the one in season 1, it kind of sounded like Massive Attack. The shite one for season two annoyed me because of it. Probably a PTTGOYN thing mind.

Thank god. I liked the one in season 1, it kind of sounded like Massive Attack. The shite one for season two annoyed me because of it. Probably a PTTGOYN thing mind.

There's a very good reason for it sounding like Massive Attack, what with it being Teardrop. By, er, Massive Attack! There's an episode, I think near the end of season 2 or thereabouts, with a nice acoustic version of Teardrop actually.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Im the opposite from everyone else here, in that up until last week i'd never seen this!

Caught a few episodes from the middle-to-end of Series 3 on Sky Atlantic and loved it, but rather than keep going with that i've decided to start from scratch at the beginning. Im currently about to begin Season 1 Episode 7.

So yeah...not to make all of you jealous, but I'm getting to experience the full thing right now for the first time :D .

• 2 years later...

Archived