Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Was absolutely gripped from the moment you seen the mist coming off the mountains. The White Walkers are fucking badass.

Genuinely hoping it ends with them v the dragons. They somehow kill a dragon and create an ICE dragon

A lot of suspense over the last four years has been put into a moment like this. My friend was livid when they didn't show the Night's Watch fight with the White Walkers between that in the second season finale and right at the start of the third season, but you can see after putting a lot of the resources of a season and going all out towards a showdown like this paid off massively.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Hopefully they've saved some of the budget for the fighting pits next week.

Gonna watch Hardhome again tonight and can't wait for next week's, first time I've been feeling like that this series I think.

Really don't get the hype Hardhome is getting. Cracking battle scene, but no better or worse than your average episode by my reckoning. Can't see at all why it's being compared to Red Wedding.

Really don't get the hype Hardhome is getting. Cracking battle scene, but no better or worse than your average episode by my reckoning. Can't see at all why it's being compared to Red Wedding.

The average episode standards has been pretty awful this series perhaps that's why it's stood out a bit? It probably also helps that Hardhome knocked the stuffing out of book readers in a way the the RW never could.

I think "cracking battle scene" is underplaying it a bit, that's one of the finest I've seen on the small screen and even without that the episode was almost faultless imo, the other strands all worked well too(apart from Jorah becoming a bit of an afterthought).

I was a big fan of Blackwater but I think that kicked the arse out of it.

Edited by AberdeenBud

I'm hoping the show ends with the White Walkers vs The Dragons.

I have convinced myself that Jon Snow and Tyrion are both Targaeryns. Especially since the last words of Tywin were "you are no son of mine" and he said back in season one "since I can't prove you aren't mine"

There are 3 white walkers leaders on horses and 3 dragons. I can see the scene in my head:

Dany, Tyrion and Jon Snow each on a dragon flying through the air to meet the White Walker army in a final epic battle!

(I'm assuming since dragon glass and dragon steel (valyrian) both can kill walkers then Dragon fire prob can as well?)

I'm hoping the show ends with the White Walkers vs The Dragons.

I have convinced myself that Jon Snow and Tyrion are both Targaeryns. Especially since the last words of Tywin were "you are no son of mine" and he said back in season one "since I can't prove you aren't mine"

There are 3 white walkers leaders on horses and 3 dragons. I can see the scene in my head:

Dany, Tyrion and Jon Snow each on a dragon flying through the air to meet the White Walker army in a final epic battle!

(I'm assuming since dragon glass and dragon steel (valyrian) both can kill walkers then Dragon fire prob can as well?)

I'd need to watch the episode again to check, but wasn't there 4 white walker leaders on horses?

I'd need to watch the episode again to check, but wasn't there 4 white walker leaders on horses?

Yeah. The "four horsemen". Did Jon not kill one of them though?

Aww there goes my dream scene then.

On another note has anyone got a list of missing people from the TV show that we don't know where they are or have vanished for ages.

I know Gendry is one along with the stark guy that left the red wedding for a piss before it all kicked off. Can't mind his name

Aww there goes my dream scene then.

On another note has anyone got a list of missing people from the TV show that we don't know where they are or have vanished for ages.

I know Gendry is one along with the stark guy that left the red wedding for a piss before it all kicked off. Can't mind his name

Brynden Tully

We discussed this a few pages back...Edmure is captive at Walder Frey's following the RW.

Also beginning to think Gendry was a plot device (Robert's b*****ds) - In the show he replaced another b*****d of Robert's at Dragonstone with the whole sex with Mel before escaping in the boat. Don't think he'll be back.

Apologies, belated book spoiler.

It's not been shown at all that Jon and Arya are Wargs, has it? Can't see them delving into that now, was the chat of the Direwolves that got me thinking about it.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Apologies, belated book spoiler.

It's not been shown at all that Jon and Arya are Wargs, has it? Can't see them delving into that now, was the chat of the Direwolves that got me thinking about it.

No because Arya hasn't been blinded yet and John hasn't been "For the Watch'd" yet. It was hinted at with Robb though.

No because Arya hasn't been blinded yet and John hasn't been "For the Watch'd" yet. It was hinted at with Robb though.

they both warged into their wolves before that those incidents though, no? Or I could be havering, struggle to remember some details of the book, it's that long since I read them now. Don't think Robb or Sansa warged at all, did they? Although perhaps all Starks have it in them if pushed.

they both warged into their wolves before that those incidents though, no? Or I could be havering, struggle to remember some details of the book, it's that long since I read them now. Don't think Robb or Sansa warged at all, did they? Although perhaps all Starks have it in them if pushed.

I think that's it, it's when they are in serious danger, Bran when Jaime pushed him out the tower, Arya when she was blind, Jon when he's been stabbed and possibly Robb whilst at war. However there's no mention of Ned being able to do it is there?

The Blackfish, Cat's brother. We've not seen much of Edmure or the Frey's since the RW either.

The most disappointing thing about the whole thing for me (albeit still a very small grievance) that they emphasised his escape but he hasn't been, and doesn't look like he ever will be, back.