Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Phenomenal last 15mins. The Night's King and the rest of the White Walkers looked incredible.

There 8 or 9 Valyrian weapons I think, not sure any others will feature apart from perhaps "Oathkeeper".

I think the guy on Thronecast said there is reckoned to be around 200 Valyrian blades kicking about, but that might be a load of shite.

ETA: I think the final two episodes are going to be absolutely fucking huge.

Edited by Caveman

I started doubting myself as soon as I posted it. Glad I am not alone in doubting it now.

Did Gendry ever forge any Valyrian weapons?

Don't think he would be capable of that or there is excess vSteel kicking around. Oathkeeper and Joffreys sword were only forged because Tywin managed to get his hands on Ice, iirc.

Was Ser Illyan Payne's weapon of choice not V steel? Although he's been largely ignored since he chopped Ned's head off.

Littlefingers dagger? Struggling to think of much else.

game-of-thrones-fire-walkers.gif

game-of-thrones-shatter.gif

Valyrian steel can kill them now and fire can't?

Thats a White Walker, not a wight. The wights are the undead raised by the walkers and are killed by fire (why they burn their dead up there), the only thing that had killed a white walker before was dragonglass. Valyrian Steel is meant to have been forged by dragon fire and the ability to make more has been lost, the only thing that can be done now is to melt down current Valyrian steel swords and re-shape them like Tywin did with Ice. The DVDs come with a whole bunch of extras with actors narrating some of the background lore that show doesn't get to, they're all over youtube if you have a look, here's one on Valyrian Steel:

Sam's dad has one too, but I don't think he's been mentioned in the tv show beyond Sam's musings.

I wonder if we may see Sam wield it at one point or if Randall? will become more prominent?

He is meant to be a complete badass going by the books and interesting that the show has mentioned him recently.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Don't think he would be capable of that or there is excess vSteel kicking around. Oathkeeper and Joffreys sword were only forged because Tywin managed to get his hands on Ice, iirc.

Was Ser Illyan Payne's weapon of choice not V steel? Although he's been largely ignored since he chopped Ned's head off.

Littlefingers dagger? Struggling to think of much else.

Ser Ilyn used Ice to execute ned stark but that would be the only time he'll have had his hands on it before it was melted down presumably.

He's not been in the show because the actor playing him is seriously ill with cancer I think. Can't imagine we'll see him again

Ser Ilyn used Ice to execute ned stark but that would be the only time he'll have had his hands on it before it was melted down presumably.

He's not been in the show because the actor playing him is seriously ill with cancer I think. Can't imagine we'll see him again

Ah, cheers! Decapitated with your own sword. :(

I'm perhaps,or definitely, getting confused but did Ice find it's way back to Robb as it wasn't till after the Red Wedding on the show that it's smelted into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail?

Yeah a mute headsman doesn't work too well on TV either.

I wonder if we may see Sam wield it one point or if Randall? will become more prominent?

He is meant to be a complete badass going by the books and interesting that the show has mentioned him recently.

Casting info for next season seems to suggest we'll see Randyll Tarly in some capacity. Stannis speaking about him and the increasing tension between the Tyrells (tarlys liege lords) and Lannisters makes it likely

Pretty sure he's doing really well these days, after they cured him. Seems to be building his strength back up and said that seeing as the character hasn't been killed off he could return some day, maybe even next season.

Wasn't expecting that last night, took a while for me to take in what I just watched.

Think Jon Snow is going this season tbh, the actors saying that episode 10 will "break the internet" on Thronecast along with Sam saying that Jon "always comes back" is when it clicked. Never know with Game of Thrones though and I've not read the books so I'm probably well off.

For past few weeks kept saying to my Throne watching friends "Where the f**k are the White Walkers? All that fanfare a few seasons back then nout". Well.. SCENES.

Shit got a bit hectic. I don't see many armies beating that unless several joined together. I imagine the wildings are small fry in the grand scale of things but f**k me they got murked.